lag/ site unavailable

Status
Not open for further replies.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I am having major issues again with the site lagging or I am getting the site unavailable message. Are others noticing this? It is like it was before Alex did the major overhaul a few months back (or whatever it was he did that made it better :lol: ).

Livey

Extreme Poster
changilass":1hock2oj said:
I thought it was just cos I was in the UK so never thought to metion it afore.

Agreed :) every time i log on i have to wait ages for the boards to be become available

DeweysMom

Sub-Adult Member
Same here. Just about everytime I try to check out the forums I either get the "board unavailable" message or when I'm try to do a search it tells me that search is unavailable.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Yeah.... it's the new year rush. :) Every year just after (or about) New Years, we have a major spike in number of visitors. I was hoping to be able to get a server upgrade ready and in place before this year's rush, but just haven't had the time. We've been on this dedicated server for about 2-3 years now, but I think it's time to upgrade to a bigger beefier server. Unfortunately, it means I need to rebuild the system, install all the software all from scratch, and then coordinate the final data migration so all posts get moved over to the new server.

Anyway... we're hitting record numbers for unique visitors per day and page views per day. Right now, one of the biggest constraints is memory on the system. When we upgrade, I expect the new system will have 4 times the memory we currently have and things will seems MUCH more smooth. :) But for now, we'll have to suffer. I'm hoping to get some time to work on a server upgrade in the next month or two.

I've updated the error message when the system has to "pause" access to indicate it's due to load.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I figured that was what it was, I just wasn't sure if you were aware of the site lag! I really do appreciate everything you do for the site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom