Kyro hasnt dropped the kids off at the pool since i got him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 days i went and got a young adult beardie formally named Kyro. now, since we got him hes sparked right up and has been a hefty eater. the problem is that i havent seen him go to the bathroom. he seems completly fine at the moment. we have been feeding him gutloaded crickets. ive got my temps perfect and a uvb 10.0 as well. the first 2 days we had him though, he didnt eat but maybe a cricket or 2. so my question is, is this normal? lol, ive read on here that sometimes they can go an entire week without a BM so i was just wondering.BTW, if you need to see a picture of him go to the introductions section on here and look for the title Kyro!!! and i know them not wanting to eat the first couple days in a new home is normal so i just need to know about the poop :mrgreen:

two4me

I'm very new to beardies but I just wanted to let you know that our boy didn't go for 3 days after we got him so I'd be willing to bet yours is just fine.
Good luck with him, they are fun little creatures!

Burra

Hatchling Member
My 5 year old rescue won't go in his viv. He will only go in his bath. Have you tried bathing Kyro? It can help them go. Also, adults can go much longer without a BM than babies and juvies. Archimedes usually goes once a week, my juvenile goes every other day. Of course, if they haven't really eaten, then there's nothing to come out. As long as he's acting normal, it sounds like he's fine. :)

Ibanez4308

Original Poster
Thanks for the input guys. I think he's alright too. And yea I tried to bathe him and see if he'd go but no luck yet. We'll see tomorrow though. Thanks again guys. ;)

ziggydoodles

Juvie Member
My 1 1/2 year old only poops once a week (NEVER in the bath, always needs to make it difficult for me lol), but it's always regular so I'm never really concerned about it. Some beardies just have different body schedules than others...

Ibanez4308

Original Poster
i think he might be a once a week pooper cuz he finally let it loose the other day lol. thanks for the help guys i appreciate it. good to know there a place i can go to have my questions responded to :] thanks agian

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
ziggydoodles":393y5xie said:
My 1 1/2 year old only poops once a week (NEVER in the bath, always needs to make it difficult for me lol), but it's always regular so I'm never really concerned about it. Some beardies just have different body schedules than others...
Our 4 year old is the same way! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom