known dangers of cat bites

Status
Not open for further replies.

littleangel

Tonight my cat got a hold of one of my beardie and had it in his mouth, i have looked the beardie over and their is no visible damage to the beardie but i am wondering what i need to watch for and if he will relax again, and also what can a cat bite cause.

dreshany

Hatchling Member
Cat bites can contain huge amounts of bacteria and can cause nasty infections. You might want to give your beardie a bath in a weak betadine solution, about the color of weak tea.

Klaes

My family has had a cat for about 10 years now and in the summer he always brings in mice and small birds.
and as far as I know cats doesnt injure its prey when they catch it, they just hold it in their mouth until they have played enough with it. So I think your beardie should be alright.

well thats my experience anyway.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
We do not have cats but I remember reading, sevaral months ago, about a beardie that had a cat bite and the owner couldn't take it to a vet and the cat died. Unfortunately, cat bites carry a lot of bacteria and if there are any wounds from a cat's mouth, however small, you need to get to a vet ASAP.

scalesandtales

Juvie Member
Give him the bath solution. He is probably just shaken up. that must have been so traumatic for him, thats my biggest fear. One of my kittens getting a hold on Gina or Twitch. So far they have been fine and fall asleep on my bed together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom