Keeping temperature up in dubia bin

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDK241

Hatchling Member
I have my dubias in a 20 gallon storage tote with 2 of the large under tank heaters, one on each side, and I can't seem to keep my temperatures up :banghead: I have a thermostat and checked it and its working just fine but my temps are constantly staying right around 80* even though the thermostat is set for 90*. I tried putting one heating pad on the bottom and one on the side and that was even worse, it was still at room temp after 12 hours. What am I missing here?? Both the UTH's work great and are nice and toasty warm and I have covered 95% of the screen :?

Flynnthedragon

Hatchling Member
The only heat source i have is a ceramic heat bulb ontop. got a deep dome and cut a hole just big enough so no heat would escape around the lamp and covered that with metal screen. MY temps stay usually around 85-90 at the top of the egg crates and temps are around 75-80 twords the bottom. I have well ovver 120 females though so im always seeing babies. What is the temp near the bottom of the bin? The dubia will move to the bottom if cold or top if to warm, or oposite in my situation. I would suggest a ceramic heat bulb on top, should make it almost perfect temps. I have a 40 gal sterilite bin and a 100 watt CHE bulb. Since yours is smaller you might need a smaller wattage if they make them

I have an ultratherm heat pad(these don't go hot at all) and I've kept my temps at a constant 95 on one of my 20 gals. How big is the hole in your lid?

Geoff

I keep lats not dubias but I also have a light on top with a dome.

40 gal container, an 100w night time bulb and my temps sit right around 85... I've also tried CHE but found that this was easiest and kept the roaches happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom