Keep my colony?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jducky18

Hatchling Member
I started a dubia colony in November and started with 50 females, 20 males, and a TON of little babies. However, I've sorely neglected the colony these past two months or so because school got suddenly very demanding, I started a new job, etc. That being said, I only have a month left of school and my work closes in two weeks, so I'm wondering if it's worth keeping my colony and making giant batches of roach chow so I don't forget, or if I should sell the whole set-up. I really don't want to waste my money that I spent in November, but I'm also still really creeped out by the adults, which makes sorting them a major challenge (I've only done it once, and I didn't even get through a third of the breeder bin). I was wondering what your opinions would be?

Please don't ask to buy my colony on this thread, all I want is some advice, thank you.

unkempt1

Juvie Member
If you can't attend to it twice a week to add water crystals and food, just sell it. I really only spend about 15-20 minutes total per week taking care of them (i.e. the time it takes to split an orange, make crystals, and spoon some roach chow in there). If you can do that, they will flourish. If not, maybe it's best to get rid of them... otherwise you won't see much growth of the colony.

Ack

If you do decide to get rid of it I'd try to do it locally. Shipping it is going to be a huge pain. Try Craigslist, your local area section on this site, or a local reptile club to find buyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom