Keep it simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Morning All,
Ive been sitting back and reading all the many posts over the past few weeks, questions about is this right? does that work? Can i do this or that?
The answer to most of these questions is yes you can, and it might even be right.
I set up all my viv's the same. I follow the K.I.S.S. method religiously.
Ive said this to many on here and I will repeat myself on this many times. AS LONG AS THE BASIC NEEDS OF YOUR POOPER ARE MET, THE REST IS JUST FLUFF AND EYE CANDY TO MAKE US FEEL BETTER.
Basic needs equals uvb light, heat, food and water. Really thats it. I wouldnt lie to you.
Food equals bugs and greens.
It really doesnt need to be more complicated.
As with most of My longer posts Im looking to get you the reader thinking and maybe get a good conversation going.

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
Quite true Tom. For those of you wondering what the heck the K.I.S.S. means, Keep It Simple Stupid

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Nicely put, Tom! :D

I would like to add that Calcium and Multivitamin supplements are crucial to the health and well being of a beardie as well.

cashrokxsz

Juvie Member
i agree with u 100%. only thing i have added to the terrarium is a lil cave a somthing for her to climb on. no fake plants, or real ones for that matter. no decor at all, juhs the needs.

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
gulfbrzdawn":2unsfvvv said:
Nicely put, Tom! :D

I would like to add that Calcium and Multivitamin supplements are crucial to the health and well being of a beardie as well.

Thanks for adding that. In My mind thats just part of food. Now I freely admit alot of my husbandry I dont think about anymore. I notice when its off, if that makes any sense. Now all those people that are out there thinking yeah but youve been doing this awhile. Yes I have but I got the basic info out of a book to start with, then double checked it online. I used common sense to filter out the rubbish, and yes I made mistakes, but nothing that couldnt be fixed.

foto69man

Hatchling Member
To register here, you should have to read the care guide and then take a 5-10 question quiz to show you read it. It'd probably solve half the repeat posts, and keep away the 'quick fix' people who aren't interested in learning and contributing

I agree with the simplicity factor when caring for a beardie or when deciding on an enclosure, feeding, basic design of a viv or any other decision involving the layout of feeding schedules, etc...the mpre simple a set-up the easier it is to focus on the task at hand. Feeding should be pretty straight forward and every attempt to keep a strict schedule simple should be made...keeps it easier for you and the same for decorating the viv...don't get too fancy because it might make for a tedious cleaning routine to have a poorly designed viv. Things will often get missed. The same goes for items inside the viv..too much stuff in there makes it easier for feeders to hide adn it makes it more difficult to clean. K.I.S.S. definitely makes the process more user friendly.

Jones

mike120

Hatchling Member
I do agree with you Tom. And a lot of my initial posts were annoying ones like; should i do this, or is this ok etc. But for a brand new owner, what may seem trivial to some is a big scary deal. Just thought i'd chip in there :)

Mike

EDIT: Didn't mean to come across as aggressive or anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom