~Katrina's Magnificent Menagerie~9/16 BABY PICS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so excited that tomorrow (10/13/09) my new little Beardie daughter Fiona :love10: will start her journey home! Princess Fiona was born in California,Barbara (fresnowitte) has been preparing her for her forever home in Washington. Her parents are PVT Blaze and Ms. Tiggs, some of you know her brother Bligg. I am anxiously awaiting her arrival! So without further adu, here is Princess Fiona
Fiona2.jpg

Fiona1.jpg

Fiona.jpg

Isn't she beautiful!!!! :love5: :( :( :(

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Welcome Karma, I'm so glad she finally got there, cold & shivering, I hope you put in a BIG complaint, that's ridiculous that she was in that box for 2 days b4 you got her.

The pics are great, she's been well fed, you can tell by her tail & tummy. Bet she's good & warm now. Wow Kat, you're up to 7, aren't they contagious? Can't have a few, need more! You'll have a great time getting to know our new little one.

HUGS
Deb

fez09

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Deb, before I forget (again) how did you make your signature? I would really like one like that!

OK so I have a few more pics for today.
Here's Miss Sassy pants!
DSCN1334.jpg

She's sooooo puuuuurdy!
DSCN1329.jpg

Here is her super ninja sneak attack
DSCN1318.jpg

"I'm watchin you buggies!"
DSCN1319.jpg

Gotcha!
DSCN1321.jpg

And here she is testing to make sure her temps are ok
DSCN1322.jpg

She's doing AWESOME!

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
I can hardly stand it she's so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You would never know that she was in a box for 2 days. :angry5: Definately answered prayers,

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh Katrina, she is just the sweetest thing. :love5: It's so hard to believe that she spent almost 2 days in that little box and has adjusted so well. It really is amazing! Was she wide awake when you opened the box? Were the heat packs throwing off any heat at all?

Absolutely LOVE the name Karma, it really suits her especially since she had quite an ordeal to get to her forever home.

Welcome to the beardie forum family little Karma. :p

fez09

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
puppytoes72":2n3qhn9p said:
I love the way she was eyeing those dubias :lol:
All day long she's been doing that! Back and forth back and forth!
beardie osk":2n3qhn9p said:
I can hardly stand it she's so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You would never know that she was in a box for 2 days. :angry5: Definately answered prayers,
Answered prayers is right! And another round of thanks for all of you that prayed for her safety!
diamc":2n3qhn9p said:
Oh Katrina, she is just the sweetest thing. :love5: It's so hard to believe that she spent almost 2 days in that little box and has adjusted so well. It really is amazing! Was she wide awake when you opened the box? Were the heat packs throwing off any heat at all?

Absolutely LOVE the name Karma, it really suits her especially since she had quite an ordeal to get to her forever home.
Welcome to the beardie forum family little Karma. :p
Tee-hee! She is pretty sweet huh! When I opened the box, her head was down. It was really scary. I picked her up and she was cold and kinda stiff, the heat packs weren't even warm :( When I put her into the water she was kinda shaking, like little twitches so I took her out, I decided just to let her warm up under her lights first and she sat there for about 10 minutes then saw the dubia! I do think that the name is perfect for her, she's my good Karma!! :D

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Tee-hee! She is pretty sweet huh! When I opened the box, her head was down. It was really scary. I picked her up and she was cold and kinda stiff, the heat packs weren't even warm :( When I put her into the water she was kinda shaking, like little twitches so I took her out, I decided just to let her warm up under her lights first and she sat there for about 10 minutes then saw the dubia! I do think that the name is perfect for her, she's my good Karma!! :D
Oh my gosh Katrina, that must have been so scary, I'm sure your heart was pounding and your hands were shaking like crazy. She must have been SO confused, scared, cold. I had an awful time sleeping last night just thinking and worrying about her, wondering what was going through her little head. :(
I still can't believe that she waited so long in that box, going all over the place. Are you going to contact UPS about it? I think they at least owe you an explanation as to what went wrong! You said the UPS man didn't knock on the door, he didn't just set the box down outside the door, did he? :shock:
I can now say since she arrived still alive, that it sounds like she wouldn't have survived much longer at all being that cold. Your prayers (and ours) were definitely answered! :D She is indeed your GOOD Karma. :wink:

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
Glad to hear that your new addition is okay, that would be terrifying. She's beautiful though, looks like she's loving life now!

On a side note, UPS doesn't even seem to care about knocking on our doors (I'm in student housing area) and I lost an entire shipment of Superworms because of them... not really in a financial position to eat 40 dollars of dead insects, and they didn't even bother offering a refund.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
fez09":ho4ny86w said:
When I opened the box, her head was down. It was really scary. I picked her up and she was cold and kinda stiff, the heat packs weren't even warm

When I bought my first baby beardie, Ollie, I was visiting Oregon, but I lived in Maine at the time. I didn't know that you couldn't bring reptiles on the plane so I had to do the overnight cross country, in the middle of Jan. When Ollie arrived the box was stone cold, he was freezing, laid out flat, and not moving. The hot packs were cold and hard and when I looked at what type they were, they were 4 hr. handwarmers, he had been without any heat for 20 hours, I was furious. :angry5: He survived, warmed up and at 4 yrs old, he's my love and remains my first born. :)

Thats all I could think of with Karma traveling, but didn't want to say anything........so I'm so happy she is fine and looks so great and now she's in forever home............congrats again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yahoo for finally getting there! What a bunch of *bleep bleep bleep* those UPS drivers are! I can't believe the driver 1) never received instructions to ensure a person-to-person handoff, 2) never bothered to even ring the doorbell, 3) didn't bother to find out if she was still alive.

I can't believe how pretty Karma looked after being AWOL for an extra day. What a tough little girl you have there.

Here's Miss Sassy pants!
DSCN1334.jpg
What a pose!
She's sooooo puuuuurdy!
DSCN1329.jpg
Puuuuurdy for sure!
Here is her super ninja sneak attack
DSCN1318.jpg
How did she not fall off??
"I'm watchin you buggies!"
DSCN1319.jpg
What focus!
Gotcha!
DSCN1321.jpg
Notice how she stepped on the other, to be sure it didn't run away
And here she is testing to make sure her temps are ok
DSCN1322.jpg
Perfect beardie perch!

fez09

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":3q0jn7xx said:
She is adorable Kat, love the predatory look at those dubias. Glad she has a great appetite.
WOW
Deb
I'm hoping that she has the same appetite today too! I just turned the lights on!
diamc":3q0jn7xx said:
Oh my gosh Katrina, that must have been so scary, I'm sure your heart was pounding and your hands were shaking like crazy. She must have been SO confused, scared, cold. I had an awful time sleeping last night just thinking and worrying about her, wondering what was going through her little head. :(
I still can't believe that she waited so long in that box, going all over the place. Are you going to contact UPS about it? I think they at least owe you an explanation as to what went wrong! You said the UPS man didn't knock on the door, he didn't just set the box down outside the door, did he? :shock:
I can now say since she arrived still alive, that it sounds like she wouldn't have survived much longer at all being that cold. Your prayers (and ours) were definitely answered! :D She is indeed your GOOD Karma. :wink:
Diane, I think that Lauren (as the shipper) has to contact UPS to complain about her being mis-routed and late. But I will complain locally about them leaving her on the concrete door step when they dropped her off. That's ridiculous, the box was well marked showing LIVE ANIMAL! I honestly believe that she wouldn't have survived for a whole lot longer in the cold. All I was thinking is about the ER post where the kid put the beardie in the freezer...I just thinking to myself that in a very different way, that's what I did. I had so many things running through my mind...What's important though, is that she is safe and sound and will be very spoiled forever and ever!
RolandKyramere":3q0jn7xx said:
Glad to hear that your new addition is okay, that would be terrifying. She's beautiful though, looks like she's loving life now!

On a side note, UPS doesn't even seem to care about knocking on our doors (I'm in student housing area) and I lost an entire shipment of Superworms because of them... not really in a financial position to eat 40 dollars of dead insects, and they didn't even bother offering a refund.
Thank you!! My regular UPS drivers are usually pretty good about knocking, I have had 3 babies shipped here and worms on a monthly basis so this is our first (and hopefully last) disaster! Were you able to get refunded on the worms??
beardie osk":3q0jn7xx said:
fez09":3q0jn7xx said:
When I opened the box, her head was down. It was really scary. I picked her up and she was cold and kinda stiff, the heat packs weren't even warm

When I bought my first baby beardie, Ollie, I was visiting Oregon, but I lived in Maine at the time. I didn't know that you couldn't bring reptiles on the plane so I had to do the overnight cross country, in the middle of Jan. When Ollie arrived the box was stone cold, he was freezing, laid out flat, and not moving. The hot packs were cold and hard and when I looked at what type they were, they were 4 hr. handwarmers, he had been without any heat for 20 hours, I was furious. :angry5: He survived, warmed up and at 4 yrs old, he's my love and remains my first born. :)

Thats all I could think of with Karma traveling, but didn't want to say anything........so I'm so happy she is fine and looks so great and now she's in forever home............congrats again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG!!! Poor Ollie!!!! Poor You!!!! But again, he made it and is happy and healthy so that's all that matters!!! I do think that my new little saying is "Built Beardie Tough" because they are tough lil' things!
Gina! I agree with all of you *bleep bleep bleepity bleeps* I couldn't believe that she settled down so fast either! She amazed me, and amazes me still, she came out from under her blankie and is looking in her dubia bowl like "hey, where'd they go?" I've got to get everyone fed then I'm out to the farm for a few hours to visit my piglets!!! I'll have to show you guys a pic of what they look like now! They are big and muscular!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She has wonderful colours, wonder how colourful she'll be when she's grown! I'm just so glad that she got home safe, if cold. :? Have you decided what you're going to do about UPS? They're supposed to be the best in the business, we have them up here, too, :?

I just loved the pics and then to see Diane's comments, so cute. That's one to keep in a frame!

Karma is as lovely as her name, it suits her. I'm glad she's got things to hug, does she have a tree hide? It's plastic leaves with suction on the back & you make bushes or tall trees, just high up places that Karma can hide in, if she wants. Issy and Rubio loved climbing theirs, they don't last long. Rubeo has his as a short bush & sometimes lies on top of it, to cool down.

I'll be looking forward to new pics. Having some of your adults sleeping will help with time you can spend with Karma.

HUGS
Deb

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Wow, I am just now getting caught up with all this. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am shocked. Karma is one tough little girl to survive all that. She sure deserves that name. I am glad she is okay.

She is a beauty and in those pix she sure seems to love those dubia. I am glad she is okay now. Her color is beautiful and if like Cadmus her color is much brighter than those pix show. Congrats on the new baby. :blob5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Violet2024
Top Bottom