Kamikaze dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaughingBuddha

Hatchling Member
So yesterday I went to pick up my almost 3 month old Dragon. It was sitting in the higest point in its viv. The day before I picked it up from there and there was no problem. I picked him up the same way but as soon as it felt me it done a kamikaze dive and smashed it's back on the basking plank as it was falling. It seemed ok last night just a bit shook.
Today it's acting weird. a lot more lathargic. It did come down from its branch to eat but didnt scratch the glass like usual when i put a cricket in it didn't bother chasing it.So I put in some worms (which it loves) and it ate one. tried pak choi which it also loves and it didn't eat any. later it ate a tiny bit of banana from my finger (first time eating it).

It has satyed pretty much in the same spot but always keeping an eye on me lol. for the last 20/30mins its just lying on the floor with it's head down and mouth on the floor which i have never seen before.
It keeps trying to imitate a statue in what ever position it's in.

Has anyone had anything similar happen to them?

kFitz

Hatchling Member
sounds like your beardie got injured from the fall. If it's just muscle, you should see improvement in a week or so, but it could also be skeletal or have caused internal damage. Your best bet would be to take your little one to the vet to get checked out.

LaughingBuddha

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for your reply. He has been a bit better this afternoon. I went out for a few hours and came back to find him on a branch (clinging like when sleeping lol) but after a few mins on me being home he jumped down. I think he is still nervous to go up high while im about. I will wait until Monday to take him to the vets. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom