Kachu's New Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

aurucis

Well his permanent home for the time being finally came in, and he seems to love it! We ordered it from Sandfire dragon ranch. It's really sturdy, and put together very nice. I'd recommend this to anybody so far, but anyways, here are some pictures. What do you think?

Kachu-Baby012.jpg

Kachu-Baby013.jpg

Kachu-Baby014.jpg

Kachu-Baby015.jpg

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
He looks so proud of his new home! I would too, if I were a dragon. :D I love that piece of wood. The whole thing is super.

Sandy H

aurucis

Original Poster
Thanks guys he really seems to like it! But he pooed on his wood so I have to reset up his whole tank xD

j5709

Nice setup! It looks like you used a tile saw to cut a piece of Home Depot slate tile. Am I correct? You said you have to redo your setup. Does that mean the wood will not work?

-Jeff

aurucis

Original Poster
No the wood is fine, I just have to take the wood out to clean it, which is a bit of a pain. Also, the tiles are from home depot, we just washed them really good, and used an assortment of different sizes to cover the whole thing up. Hes starting to pick his spots and soo far seems to enjoy it.

hey,what i do to clean tile,is steam clean them...its great.

studies of all different kinds,show that steam cleaning kills 98 percent of germs...for the wood that kush has i steam clean that as well.

hope this helps out

aurucis

Original Poster
Also Sorry for the double post.. but he doesn't seem to bask as much as he did when he was in his temporary tank. Temperatures are ranging from 104-111, and this is with a 75 watt bulb.. that just doesnt sound right does it? And If you look at the pictures, does it look like he has enough basking room? Tonight we are going to rearrange the tank, I will post some updated pictures then. Thanks!

Gary251

That looks really nice! am needing to update mine! lol. did you use just tile for the flooring? and your cage looks really bright!:) what lighting are you using? heatlamp and uvb.

Gary

j5709

Aurucis,

Thanks for the great info. I will look into a steam cleaner. What kind do you have? I know nothing about them.

Also, What are the dimensions of your enclosure? I am guessing 48" wide. How long is Kachu in the photo? Here I'm going to guess 10". Am I close? :shock:

-Jeff

aurucis

Original Poster
Hehe I know nothing about steamcleaners either, and its 48 wide and i think 16 deep.The lighting I have is a 75 watt exo terra basking bulb, and a reptisun 10.0 18 inch. Thanks for the comments everyone! Oh yeah I still have yet to measure him, I will get onto that later tonight and post it up.

1happymommy

Juvie Member
Well my 4 yr old loves it. He wants to know why ours isn't cool like yours. Of, course I know ours is nice but you know kids they think the grass is always greener on the other side.

Now he says yours is super cool. You did do a nice job. It looks so "homey".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom