juvi wont eat but still basking... getting worried

Status
Not open for further replies.
My little guy just refuses to eat. This is extremely out of character for him. Normally he dives head first into his salad and eats all his feeders in 2 seconds. This is the 3rd or 4th day that he hasn't eaten. I have tried hornworms, superworms, and crickets. But he won't budge off his basking area. If I move him he bolts right back to his basking log and doesn't really move from there. I noticed he was getting dehydrated so I upped his baths to 2x a day as well as dropping water onto his nose, which he gladly drinks. This is so out of character for him. I will be picking up some baby food for him today and giving that a shot.

nursejones813

Juvie Member
Hi! Sorry your little guy isn't well. How old is he? How big is he? Is he pooping? Can you run down your set up? Lighting (be specific) Temps, substrate, ect. What do you typically feed him?

KangAndKodos

Original Poster
nursejones813":297ufjrp said:
Hi! Sorry your little guy isn't well. How old is he? How big is he? Is he pooping? Can you run down your set up? Lighting (be specific) Temps, substrate, ect. What do you typically feed him?
I'm going to say he's about 4 months and he's 12" from about to tail. He hasn't pooped in a few days, normally it's 1 poop everyday or 2 days. Right now he's in a 40g viv with a 160w mvb ppwersun brand, I set up all my dragons with one (housed separately). I set up the mvb 3 days into his hunger strike. I havebt taken temps since the new light because I'm waitingbfor my probe in the mail. All ny dragons have reptile carpet in their vivs. Normally he gets small supers, Phoenix worms, and crickets. Calcium 5 times a week and vits 2 times a week. He shed his face last night and ate a bit on squash baby food. His legs are starting to go into a shed as well now.

nursejones813

Juvie Member
Maybe try giving him warm soaks up to his elbows twice a day and see if you can get him to poop. I would stick with the baby food until he poops as well

KangAndKodos

Original Poster
I caught him eating a cricket but only the 1. He took a nice big drink in the shower and looks loads better.

KangAndKodos

Original Poster
Im thinking he got super dehydrated from the shed hes going through. Even his orange brightened up quite a bit. Just legs left to shed now so hopefully its over soon.

How is your little one doing now??I use powersuns for both my juvi and my adult beardies in their 40 gal. breeder tanks.I actually had to switch to the 100w from the 160w as they were making their tanks too hot and dehydrating them both,and my juvi Leonard actually went on a hunger strike and would hide in his cave a lot.Once I switched to the 100w powersun they both became their greedy selves again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom