Justice is swift...& his name is Ruben!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always make fun of my other half because he wont touch Ruben's superworms in fear they may gnaw on him. Insted he feeds Rube them on a spoon (no im not kidding).
Anyway my other half had just text me to see how the beardies were doing and jokingly warned me about the 'flesh eating worms'. I chuckled at his wussyness and went over to feed Ruben.
Low and behold I pick up a super and it flails around as usual but this time the little buggar flicks itself round and bites my finger just by the nail and draws blood!!
Rube needs to be handfed every day and never have I come across a super that could actually hurt.

Well I screeched like Id be attacked by a lion and shock the worm free (it bloody well hung on) and it landed at the other end of the viv.
Ruben, obviously seeing his momma in peril shuffled off at the speed of... well not light, more like a particularly fast tortoise, and OM NOM NOM'd the evil worm before holding his head up high.

My hero!

Captain Ruben was rewarded for his vailiant deed with chicken babyfood and a nap.

Who says chivalry is dead?

Chryss

Hatchling Member
OMG that is too funny. I am with your other half. I will not touch any of the worms. I use tweezers to get them out and feed them to Alvin. Those superworms (and mine are only small) are so wild. In fact, I got a ton of them and Alvin is real intimidated by them too. He has only eaten two and I have offered them to him for four days in a row now. I may have to forgo the whole order if he decides he doesn't like them.

Christine

sluedu09

Hatchling Member
OMG those things bite??? :shock: Now I know I have a good reason to use feeding tongs besides the worms looking creepy! *shivers* :shock:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Uh Holly, you didn't happen to tell your better half about the flesh eating worms biting you, did you? Because you'll never be able to live it down.

Of all the years that I'd handled supers, I'd never been bitten. I never knew they could :dontknow:

Ruben probably was thinking: "Hmmm, that bad ol' wormy bit mommy's finga, so I hafta eat 'im now"

MissT

BD.org Addict
My ex was bitten by a superworm the first time we fed them to Abu! It left little teeth marks on his finger.... it was quite funny to watch tho!!!! His mother says they secrete some sort of liquid as well.... she actually has a mark on her arm where (about 2 months ago), as she lifted one out one day, it seemed to 'spit' at her! They are evil, evil worms.... I never let them get anywhere near my babies toes, for fear that they might decide to munch on one of them!!!!

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Super-Rube! Good for you, protecting your Mom there Ruben. You are very brave and heroic. And what's that Cam? No, I'm not going to type that! There are children on this forum!

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
I had heard that they bite, but I don't pick them up because they look like centipedes and they wiggle and squirm too much. Whenever I have the chore of feeding the babies their "crunchy" dinner, I put them in the worm bowm and flick them out one at a time with my finger nail. The hubby on the other hand DOES pick them up and drops them in.. i swear between the two of us, the dragons must think that superworm either fly (me) or it rains worms (hubby).

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I didnt know they could either Gina. The most ive ever gotten was a sharp little prick when they were trying to escape.
And like hell did I admit it to Mark.
I do get ooozed on quite a bit, but thats more my own doing. I tend to squeeze them a bit so they wriggle more to catch Rube's attention.

They are definately evil worms and the rest will soon meet their doom at the hands of a hungry knight in orange armor!

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Girls...Girls...you are going about this all wrong! Superworms are very much like toddlers. When they bite you...you don't give them a warning or flick them across the viv. You just look at them and with a stearn voice say "Biting will not be tolerated!" and then you bite them back!

It worked wonders for my son and I have to honestly say....... I have not been bit by another superworm since the others saw me bite one of their bin mates! :D

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
I have been bittten many times lol! I had a stupid phobia of centipeads (sp?) so was really terrified when they arrived! After alot of screaming like a pansie, and flicking them, i learnt a gentle hand is whats needed. If you pick them up lightly they dont tend to bite!

Just my two cents, oh and now i can pick them up with only a little squirming!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
gulfbrzdawn":35746 said:
Girls...Girls...you are going about this all wrong! Superworms are very much like toddlers. When they bite you...you don't give them a warning or flick them across the viv. You just look at them and with a stearn voice say "Biting will not be tolerated!" and then you bite them back!

It worked wonders for my son and I have to honestly say....... I have not been bit by another superworm since the others saw me bite one of their bin mates! :D
yuk.gif

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Ethelia":47626 said:
Dawn this is my reaction to your comment

Penguin_Slap.gif

:mrgreen:

LMAO!!

I refuse to touch those things. Only ones who will reach in and grab em is the girls. I just cant do it :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom