Just my luck...

I swear, everytime something good happens it immediately gets followed up with disaster lol. Yesterday, I made a little progress post, and of course when I got home everything went wrong!! Not only was his light somehow unplugged, but when I went to check the bulb, it was out! My dad had apparently unplugged it after he got home because he heard it pop. I tried at least 3 different lightbulbs in the house and none of them besides this random ceramic halogen bulb I found got to a high enough temp. Poor Marcy was covered in black the whole time, just trying to soak in as much heat as he can. That would have been bad enough, right? But of course, I go to feed him and realize I barely even have 30 roaches!!! Apparently, my sister had taken her turn feeding him the other night and he took the opportunity to gorge himself. I had told her that they're supposed to eat as much as they want and she had taken that as keep feeding him even after he was done! She told me he looked like he was "about to explode" with how fat he got. So of course, I had to order even more roaches. In the meantime though, I had some BSFL. The only PROBLEM is that I store them near the window to keep them slow, but we had a bad cold snap recently and apparently they all froze their butts off and died! So unfortunately, my baby had to eat the last of the roaches yesterday afternoon, and had to keep himself full with kale and dead BSFL this morning. Surprisingly, he ate them anyways, but I'm sure he's angry about it. Marcy and I just can't catch a break right now, huh?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
For heat bulbs a lot of us use Sylvania or Great Value halogen bulbs, they come in 43 and 72 watt which is the equivalent of 60 sand 100 watt . You can usually get them at Walmart, Lowe's and Home Depot. They come in a 4 pack and you get far more value for your money.

Last edited:

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
@Alinannyms
The only PROBLEM is that I store them near the window to keep them slow, but we had a bad cold snap recently and apparently they all froze their butts off and died!
Did they pupate and look dead.?
They can probably survive 25 degrees F.

Alinannyms

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Marcy
Did they pupate and look dead.?
They can probably survive 25 degrees F.
Nah, it was definitely colder. We recently had temps as low as around -25 F without taking wind-chill into account. And they were right up next to the window, in a house with the heating off, for hours. I've left them near Marcys viv all night and not a single one has moved. They're all hard and orange.

Alinannyms

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Marcy
For heat bulbs a lot of us use Sylvania or Great Value halogen bulbs, they come in 43 and 72 watt which is the equivalent of 60 sand 100 watt . You can usually get them at Walmart, Lowe's and Home Depot. They come in a 4 pack and you get far more value for your money.

I ended just getting a bunch of Flukers for replacement. The one that popped was a PetSmart brand.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I swear, everytime something good happens it immediately gets followed up with disaster lol. Yesterday, I made a little progress post, and of course when I got home everything went wrong!! Not only was his light somehow unplugged, but when I went to check the bulb, it was out! My dad had apparently unplugged it after he got home because he heard it pop. I tried at least 3 different lightbulbs in the house and none of them besides this random ceramic halogen bulb I found got to a high enough temp. Poor Marcy was covered in black the whole time, just trying to soak in as much heat as he can. That would have been bad enough, right? But of course, I go to feed him and realize I barely even have 30 roaches!!! Apparently, my sister had taken her turn feeding him the other night and he took the opportunity to gorge himself. I had told her that they're supposed to eat as much as they want and she had taken that as keep feeding him even after he was done! She told me he looked like he was "about to explode" with how fat he got. So of course, I had to order even more roaches. In the meantime though, I had some BSFL. The only PROBLEM is that I store them near the window to keep them slow, but we had a bad cold snap recently and apparently they all froze their butts off and died! So unfortunately, my baby had to eat the last of the roaches yesterday afternoon, and had to keep himself full with kale and dead BSFL this morning. Surprisingly, he ate them anyways, but I'm sure he's angry about it. Marcy and I just can't catch a break right now, huh?
Good grief-

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
WOW- I am so sorry! That's a rough day but you still came through for your beardie. You're the best! WOW
I bet he couldn't wait for you to get home. This is the time to have the freak out discussion- DONT TOUCH ANYTHING WITHOUT MY INSTRUCTIONS talk - or CALL ME

Think of it this way, you came in as the superhero to your beardie. He's going to love you more!
Great job superhooman!

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom