Just moved my Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

CK248

hello,

Our beared just moved to a juvie and moved case to a 45 gallon tank, his tank before he had the whole tank decorded and now we had the new tank but didn;t have the money to do it again. Once we moved him into the new cage he started making a noise, he puffs up with his beared raises his neck and opens his mouth. I was wondering if this was just becuase of the new cage and new enviorment? he came down and eat a couple of pieces of fruit than went back up and started doing this act. Please let me know experances and whats up.

Thank You,
CK (Cricket Killer)

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hello there,
I do think this is because of the change. Most dragons are very sensitive to change, some react by hiding and refusing to eat for a while, and some react territorially.
I seen both of these myself.
When I brought Ruben home he spent the first 3 weeks in constant big boy mode. Black beard, puffing and strutting around his viv.
He would never puff at me or beard outside his viv, but as soon as you put him back in he's start all over again.
I figured out that this was just his way of showing that this new viv was HIS home NOT mine.
He stopped the whole big boy routine after about 3 weeks of strutting!

Holly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom