Just had my 1st beardie help PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaylew19

My girlfirend recently bought me a beardie as a early xmas present. I was really happy and couldn't wait to get it home. I already have a male veiled chameleon called squiggle. He's almost 2 years old and although i've had a bit of trouble with him hes in good shape now and has been for a while.

So anyway i brought my new friend home and set up his tank. Hes a 2 months old, about 8 inches in length from snout to tip of tail and hes a german giant cross called chesney. I already had a small exo terra tank from my squiggle so i cleaned that out thoroughly and put it in that. He ( i call him he coz hes called chesney but he might be a girl) seemed pretty content under his basking light. So i fed him a bout 6 crickets and a few small locusts whick he gobbled as quick as i put them in.

The next day he didnt eat that much and when he went to toilet the locusts he had came out not verry well digested. Since then hes been eatin on and off. He ate a lot 2 days ago ( crickets and a few waxworms) but now he wont eat hardly anything except picking at his greens.

I've made a few shoolboy errors which i now about and will take care of such as:
The lady sold me a coiled uvb light which i read wad bad for them so i bought a new 1 (exo terra 10.0) but now i read that is bad 2.
Also ive put sand in the tank whick made a hard surface but now i read that was bad.

Please help me as i really love animals and reptiles and get very stressed when i think i've done them harm through stupidity. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks Jay

redflea13

What kind of temps do you have. what kind of bulb is the exo terra? Slate tile would be the best substrate to use.

jaylew19

Original Poster
The basking spot is about 105 and the cool end about 75-80. i have exo terra 10.0 uvb and 100w basking bulb i also have a heat mat.

redflea13

It may be just from relocating that he won't eat much. Sometimes it takes awhile before they are settled in enough to really have an appetite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom