just got uvb setup done

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys. i used to have my reptisun 10.0 resting on top of my tank. but then i noticed my beardie was getting a really black color on him and i didnt know wht it was. i thought it was him getting sun burnt or something. lol. so i built this thing to hold the bulb and source. i measured and when he is on his basking rock he is 12 inches away from the light and im pretty shure i read somewhere that that is how far away it should be.

how does this look and it is it okay to keep?

thanks. clay

1109082145.jpg

HCDbeardie

Original Poster
o and dont rag on me for the 98 temp i just put his heat light back on his cage like 2 mins before i took the pic. it stays around 105

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
in my opinion that log on the left side of the tank would make a better basking spot than the rock your using now. its ok for your dragon to get 6-8 inches from a reptisun 10.0, just make sure your using a bright white heat light.

since your not using a screen-top be carefull he cant jump out. sometimes bearded dragons want to explore their surroundings and if theres no screen top and a wooden post in view it might entice them. it looks like that wooden stump is fine but just to be on the safe side you might want to move it alittle away from the edge.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
It looks pretty resourceful to me! It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but it certainly does it's job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom