Just got some Reptiworms/phoenix worms/calciworms. Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
So I sent the boyfriend to petco today to pick up a 40gal breeder for Starkiller because he wanted the 55gal for fish. (Nice four foot long viewing side) and he came home with a 50pack of Calciworms. He even had the staff go through and make sure EVERY SINGLE ONE was alive. :love5: :love5: It is lights out now though so Star will try them in the morning. Hopefully the worms go over better than crickets. Silly dragon, you need to eat things that move!

Anyway my question is this, they are supposed to be super high calcium with an ideal calcium to phosphorus ratio. Do I still dust them with rep-cal? or just Herpti-vite? Or nothing at all? If it helps, Star will NOT eat salad. >.> I offer it daily but he has no interest. :banghead:

Also, The boyfriend is buying the reptisun 10.0 bulb for me from petmountain. And he told me to buy other things too -free shipping if over 50$. I'm going to get a hammock. :3 <-not really feeding related, just excited is all.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Definitely dust the worms with the multivitamin dust 2x a week, for the calcium you may be fine not dusting with the supplement if you can provide 1-2 hours a day out in the natural sunlight. You may also look into a multivitamin which contains D3. :wink:

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardednoob":pad5np4y said:
Definitely dust the worms with the multivitamin dust 2x a week, for the calcium you may be fine not dusting with the supplement if you can provide 1-2 hours a day out in the natural sunlight. You may also look into a multivitamin which contains D3. :wink:

The rep-cal has D3, but can he overdose on calcium? And the reptisun 10.0 bulb will be here in 5-8 business days. so sometime between next Friday and Wednesday. It is cold here the last two/three days. can I take Star out on a hot water bottle to get his natural sunlight, or just use the slimline till the good bulb gets here? Or I could open a window and let him sit in the sun in the relatively warm house. Any input would be appreciated, and thanks for getting back to me so quick, Beardednoob! :)

fez09

Extreme Poster
You shouldn't have to dust the Calciworms with calcium, only the multivitimin 2X's per week. As far as going outside, you should be ok using the UVB that you have now as long as your baby isn't having any negative side effects...If it's warm enough, you could take him outside for 15 minutes or so.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
fez09":2krlj2is said:
You shouldn't have to dust the Calciworms with calcium, only the multivitimin 2X's per week. As far as going outside, you should be ok using the UVB that you have now as long as your baby isn't having any negative side effects...If it's warm enough, you could take him outside for 15 minutes or so.
Starkiller is stunted we think. :wink:

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardednoob":1b1pgvjo said:

Yup. But he is cuuuute! :love5: :love5: :love5:

So what do you think of the basking options? And can he overdose on calcium? I don't want to hurt him by trying to help him. :oops: :(

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Pixall":23g3tlkz said:
Beardednoob":23g3tlkz said:

Yup. But he is cuuuute! :love5: :love5: :love5:

So what do you think of the basking options? And can he overdose on calcium? I don't want to hurt him by trying to help him. :oops: :(

He could get too much calcium, hence not to supplement calcium. The excess calcium can form deposits on the dragons bones.

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
gotcha. This stuff okay for d3?

57.jpg

Edit: OMG! I read somewhere here about making it "rain salad". I tried it. Star gave me the look of 'what the hell do you think you are doing?' after psudo chasing one piece of salad and realizing it wasn't a juicy waxworm. So I took one of the calciworms that he has been intently ignoring( :roll: ) and dropped it right in front of his nose (he was up on his basking hut). He gave it the eye of 'im going to eat you', then turned around a full 180* and started in on the salad like a ravenous pride of lions on a gazelle. o-o Weird little thing. I think he is not all there in the head. I wonder if I can either return him or get him repaired, as he is clearly a defective model. xP

But he ate salad! And a lot of it too! like three face fulls and then looked at me for more, I happily obliged and he ate more. :D SO thrilled right now. I clearly need to get him a flatter and bigger basking spot that I can stick a dish on, as he only ate salad off the top of his hut, so I gathered up the rest from his tank and put it on top of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom