just got a new baby and it has YF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

matero3o

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
another thing
prolonged exposure is what causes it, less exposure the better, i cleaned her cage, cleaned my whole room actually ( my computer, phone, tablet, xbox) everything i touch, even threw out some crickets due to the fear of it.

i was told since it was such a sort exposure the chances are slim, but still i will seperate my two dragons downstairs untill i am sure whats going on

i will wait 2 weeks to see, do you guys think i should make it longer or is that enough?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I think Piper should be just fine.
Who is caring for the other little one who has yellow fungus & what treatment are they
following? Do you have pictures so we can see for sure if it is yellow fungus or not?

Tracie

matero3o

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have photos but I lost the upload link do you mind sending me it so I can upload some photos for you guys

matero3o

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
91435-3683356042.jpg
-baby
91435-381066315.jpg
-grumpy baby

91435-9545805482.jpg
- letting Piper sleep in my shirt because her basking spot is being cleaned

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks like YF but should be confirmed. It looks to be still early so I would think it's treatable with a combination of oral and topical antifungals.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
matero3o":1e0ptub8 said:
ellen, i never dealt with yellow fungus before and i do not have enough money for a vet visit, i'd rather find her a home with someone who can handle yellow fungus, instead i gave her to my brother whos willing to take the extra mile and fight the yellow fungus, i dont have the time either to watch over her, shes a cute little girl but i just dont want my other dragons in danger,

i like her and all i'd just rather have someone who knows what they're doing..

Well that response made sense to me and sounded like the proper thing to do in your situation, and I thank you for doing what you did. I think it was the way you said what you said in your original post and another post after that, where you just said "I really am not worried about the baby", and your original post where you said that you were getting rid of her ASAP, it sounded very, very bad.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, and sorry you're having to deal with this, it's a horrible disease that we need to find a cure for soon.

matero3o

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
update

got scared because piper had yellow retained shed under her vent..shes okay though

baby will be going to vet tommorow.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would keep spraying everything down with F10SC. It's effective against YF and can help you keep surfaces decontaminated. Keeping everything as sanitized as possible is probably your best bet in terms of prevention.

matero3o

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
cooper
i whipe down my room now with whipes then contain bleach and i also washed out the cages with bleach and water, i dont think the fungus is alive in the vivs anymore due to that cleansing,

the baby is seperated and both my dragons have nice fresh clean cages.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Let us know how the vet visit goes. It may be yellow fungus, but, it could also be just some old shed too which I am hoping it is.
As suggested, continue to keep everything clean, using the F10 disinfectant. If you have a steamer or can get one, those are extremely effective!

Tracie

squamata

Backwater Reptiles have an extremely bad reputation amongst exotic pet owners. Would not recommend for anyone.

Bugsbarbie123

I think this is yellow fungus. I'm currently treating my baby for it right now. To take them to the vet is super expensive. Since some disinfectants aren't water sauluable DONT F****** use them. Take out the sand rocks and everything. Wipe the cage down with vinegar since it disinfects and is water sauluable. And delete it with water then thourally dry the cage out. Every day wash his basking rock, his food and water bowls. Give him a bath every other day while treating and buy monistat and rub it on the infected areas and around them every day untill the infection is gone. Every night place paper towels in the cage and tape them down so the beardie avoids contact with glass. My dragons arm has progressed so much in the last week.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
I just had to have my dragon on 1.5 years put down because she contracted yellow fungus. I believe it came on a hammock I ordered off etsy. She was fine before that, and I had had her since she was 6 weeks old. 2 weeks after I put the hammock in, she got yellow patches all over her belly which was confirmed yellow fungus. Since then 2 of my other dragons have now confirmed yellow fungus. I have them both on 2 oral medications which are pretty expensive, but they both are doing great and seem perfectly fine. I also have 7 other dragons, so it has been a challenge ,but washing my hands, using gloves, and changing clothes after handling the 2 with YF has worked and no one else has contracted it. IT's just a lot of work. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom