jumping up at the uv light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iowuk

Hatchling Member
the uv light is a arcadia 12% 2months old 7inchs from him i dont understand y he jumps up at it. Also hes not eatin,hes ok with his greens but not live foods im sure if i gave him locusts he would stuff them but i dont wont him to just want them and not eat crix if this makes sense lol

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Ah... you have a feisty one!
Why not just the locust ? If he eats them... he's eating fairly good.
Could there be a shadow near the light, that he is jumping at ?
Or has something perhaps feeder wise, gotten into the fixture ?

*this is a joke* Perhaps he is asking for a trampoline ?
Sounds fine. Just make sure he can't get into the fixture.
You can breath now :)

Iowuk

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
you cant feed a bearded dragon on just locusts and there are shadows but i dont think its that but it might be

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Why not ? As long as they are gut loaded, with the veggies and such.. Am I missing something ?
Yeah if there is a shadow, and it moves, then that could be the reason for the jumping...
Hope this helps out.

Iowuk

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i have been told they need crix to live on, locusts are more of a treat but if im wrong some1 els please tell me

And the shadows dont move ?

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
No i think someone was pulling your leg, locusts are a perfectly good live feeder, meal worms, although pet shops 'recommend' them as a treat should be totally avoided, as should wax worms.

Iowuk

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok so can you write me a small list of what i can feed him daily lol please :D

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutritionframeset.html

lists all the foods and when you can feed them, it is an American site so there are some name differences, for example collard greens over there are called spring greens here and so on.

As for live food, it depends how old he is??? For babies as much as they can eat in 10-15 min, three times a day. 8-18 months as much as they want in 10-15 min once a day, the adult 30-50 feeders a week. The feeders (such as locusts) should be no bigger than the space between the eyes. Totally avoid meal worms, wax worms or 'giant meal worms' If he is over 16" superworms (and not the giant meal worms) are also very good.

Iowuk

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yep put calcium on everthing salad worms locusts crix also get calcium jelly and vitamin jelly for koby he dont eat it but i feed it to the bugs just gives him that little bit more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anastasiacolson
Top Bottom