Journey of the dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mavis is my baby girl and to day we are moving yet again. We currently live out of town and are moving into town. My sweet girl slept at a friend's house so I could fit more in my small car.

Here is a picture of her falling asleep at my friend's place.
full

I'll add more pictures today or tomorrow as we move into the apartment

dezismom

Juvie Member
Thank you, nina ambroshia, and I am one lucky human! Having a beardie makes the world a better place!! :)

I cannot take credit for The brushing as it was not my original idea--I read about it on this site a few years ago.I immediately gathered many brushes--toothbrush, small paint brush, etc, and tried them all on Dezi. He picked out his preference, by closing his eyes and smiling repeatedly, when I used the make up brush. It has become a regular part of our bonding and time together. If I forget for a few days, Dezi will frown and give me dirty looks. :) He may not bark or meow, or make sounds, but he sure knows how to tell me what he wants/needs.

Oh, yeah, he is a Very Spoiled guy, but I wouldn't have it any other way...he pays me back way over what I give to him. He has changed my life. Several years ago, i was diagnosed with a serious health condition, which has progressed and caused me to have limited mobility...Dezi has been the perfect companion for a disabled person. He seems to know when I feel poorly, and he gives me extra cuddles and hugs. He comes with me everywhere. When I am in public in my wheelchair, I used to feel embarassed, but he attracts people to converse with me, instead of focusing on my disability. he makes others more comfortable around me, and that makes me feel more comfortable in public! I guess he could be called my "therapy pet". That term is a bit over used, perhaps, but seems to apply to me and DeziLu... Do they have "therapy" lizards? ha, ha! Maybe Dezi is the first! I only wish he was allowed to come with me on airplanes, because I could travel more. As it is, most airlines say no lizards on the plane. (even though they are more clean and better behaved than most dogs, and children).

But enough about me and Dezi! All the cuties on this thread are VIP's! (Very Important Pets) Has Mavis had any more nightmares? Maybe it was just a reaction to waking up in a different place. They do not like change in their environment, but she and Waffles have transitioned very well. They are lucky to have such caring owners

Dezi knows he is a VIP!
82765-6118934038.jpg

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Aaaawwwww, I'm glad Dezi has been such a great companion! and D: what?! i didn't realize you couldn't bring your scaley friends on planes! Thats' terrible... Now I'm tempted to ask around and see if people know why... But I guess that is a debate for another day.

No, Thankfully no more Nightmares since that night. Normally, i would say, she is used to moving. Having done so 3 or 4 times in her life so far... :( but that night/day made me really worried about my girl.

Today, one of my roommates got to be out and play with him. I think her favorite part was using him like a mountain. When he eventually got her off, so he could switch from his back to his side. (He was laying down.) She immediately tried to scale him again, it was so cute!

:) You are right about all the VIPS on this site though! So many cool things and creatures!

Then since it has been a while since I have updated! So lets see what I can cover.

That friend that was going to give us the free 55 gal, stopped responding. So when we found 40 gallon on sale for 50 dollar. My roommate, bought it and now Waffles is all set up in her new tank!... Ok, almost all set up in her new tank, she has new hides and decorations to celebrate the home upgrade. However, my roommate is also buying tile for the bottom of the tank, so she is waiting for the last them to be cut into proper sizes.

I found a deal on hornworms, so now have 60+ hornworms in my room. Thankfully 40 or so of them hatched last week. XD Still, I'm glad they are being split between 3 beardies. Even then debating what to do if they get too big. All the beardies love them, but wanna make sure they aren't eating too many of the colorful creatures.

Oh! Also my girl Mavis will be getting a younger brother or sister in the next few months! I recently got a leopard gecko egg... Recently as in, this is day 3 of incubation. I'm pretty sure little Eggy is going to be a boy, we are still talking about names for him. At the same time, I don't want to say anything for sure yet.

Looking into all the care little Eggy will need once he hatches. Thought about using Mavis' travel container until little Eggy got bigger, but I don't trust the plastic with heat for long periods of time. So may end up using my Roommates' 20 gal from the start. We also already have a mister. Since we have time, I may try to make a homemade textured substrate mat. (If anyone has any tips on how to care for a leopard gecko, especially a baby one. I'd love the help and advice.)

Now for a couple of pictures
20180802_215528.jpg
- Mavis trying to talk with one of my friends or maybe she just wanted to try and order something to eat
20180817_233215.jpg
- This is Eggy, man was that a hot drive home! Had my car at 85 so I knew it would be warm enough for him. Its hard to see him in his new incubator. So this will have to suffice until he shows his scaley head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom