Jet black beard and not eating! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mishelly58

Hatchling Member
ok here is the problem. Gizmo is not doing well, he is losing weight and he won't eat, even if I hand feed him squash or his greens, he doesn't seem to be interested in any crickets, silkworms or hornworms. I can get him to eat 2 Tablespoons of baby food (chicken and squash) from a syringe 2-3 times a day. He has a black beard most of the day but he moves around as if there is nothing wrong. His femoral pores are also enlarged. I can't take hime to the vet for another 2 weeks or so. (need my next paycheck) I bathe hime evry other day for 15-20 minutes.

He was treated of coccidia abouta month ago with Albon and i gave hime soy yogurt with it.

His tank is 4'x2'x2' he has a MVB (14" to basking) the temp on the hot side range from 100.7 - 104.3 and the cool side is 82.7 (he was a year old when I got him a year ago) I use a therm with a probe. Here are some pictures (the picture of his pores doesn't so how enlarged they really are I will try again to tke a better picture tomorrow.

Does anybody have any ideas??????? :cry:

gizmo006.jpg

IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a358/mishelly58/gizmo007.jpg[/IMG]

gizmo009.jpg

here is a picture of his set up:

P1010001.jpg

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
How old is he?

Honestly looking at him...do you have another beardie like a female dragon?
He kinda looks like he wants to get with a female but I could be wrong.
how long has he not been eating?

I don't want to really say that's stressed since he doesn't have a dark belly and only a dark beard but I could be wrong.

mishelly58

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He is about 2 yrs old. He is my only dragon. I did notice the other day that when i went to try and feed him that he bobbed his head a couple of times but that was the first time I every noticed it. He has never done this before. :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom