Jango (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all.. not sure who all read my introduction link so I guess i'll start by saying hi, my name is Tammy.. I'm a 38 year old, stay at home mommy of one human, my son Nathan (7yrs) and to Jango. My hubby bought Jango for me on Feb. 29, 2012 at a well known pet store near us.."Gittlers". The lady who took care of us there told us that Jango was only a few weeks old when we got him..so if that's correct he should be about 4 months old.. or somewhere around that i'm guessing. Not sure what kind of beardie he is though. He's currently in a 20 gallon reptile tank with reptile carpet and the lights that came with the tank.. I know I need to get new lights for him asap..just need the $$. He loves his crickets (dusted w/calcium 1x day) and he gets kale and turnip greens with some carrots and cucumber.. once in awhile I give him some apple, wich he loves. his basking side stays between 99 and 105 and his shady side stays about 75.

Jango loves being out of his terrarium and looking out the window, 'specially when the sun is shining and I can have it open.. I always supervise him. I don't trust him enough yet to let him have run of the house but I do let him run around on the couch and once in awhile in my son's bedroom, we block all the holes up and keep a close eye on him, a few times he'd snuggle with my son's stuffed animals and go to sleep, he even fell asleep once on the dresser behind the CD player. I can walk around the house with him hanging onto my shirt or sitting on my shoulder, wichever he feels like doing. Once in awhile I will take him into the bedroom with all the fish... yeah.. we have lots of fish.. mostly Chiclids.. 75 gallon, 55 gallon, a few 20 gallons, 10 gallons and a 5 gallon..oh also got a 29 gallon with gold fish in it.. hubby wants to get another 55 gallon and also wants to get Jango a 40 gallon breeder tank.

On with the pictures:..

Jango when we first came home 2/29/12:
034.jpg

a few days later 3/8/12:
009.jpg

he loves lookin' out the window 3/21/12:
017.jpg

lookin at the gold fish 4/4/12:
029.jpg

Jango's home 4/4/12:
039.jpg

My son and Jango looking out the window 4/9/12:
001-1.jpg

enjoying the sun on a beautiful day 4/16/12:
008-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

Then and now 4/21/12:
Jangobabyandbigger.jpg

sleeping 5/1/12:
005-2.jpg

5/3/12:
008-2.jpg

playing with the tape measure 5/6/12:
020-2.jpg

my handsome dragon 5/8/12:
004-1.jpg

puffin' out his beard 5/9/12:
010-1.jpg

5/10/12:
013-1.jpg

5/13/12:
040-1.jpg

Happy Mother's Day!
043-1.jpg

045-1.jpg

Who's that handsome fella? 5/15/12:
002-2.jpg

That's it for now.. sorry for so many.. there are many more if you would like to see more you can visit this link:
http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e69/TLynnH73/Jango/

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey everyone, sorry i've been gone for so long.. just hard to do all the things I want to do on the internet plus work. Jango had an RI but I got him to the vet and she gave me meds for him and he's feeling much better now.. he constantly wants out of his viv.. he hates it in there and wants to have the run of house and still loves looking out the windows. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving (those that celebrate) and a Merry Christmas! (incase I don't get back on for awhile LOL) I have pictures just not uploaded yet so when I get around to it I will post some.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm so glad the meds worked and his RI is gone. That's great news! And wants the run of the house all the time, sounds like Gabriel. Guess he's not into brumating this year. I thought Gabriel wasn't going to but he's slowed down so much, he's asleep by about 2p, so not sure if he'll go into full brumation or not.

Did you have to work on Thanksgiving? I saw something about that on Facebook.

Have a wonderful Xmas with you and your family and hope to see pics, soon.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Heya you missed a lot but I'll just let you know old man Vash passed away September 25, 2014. I got a new guy his name is Alucard. Glad Jango beat the RI. Have a merry xmas!

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Good to hear from you guys :)

Deb I'm sorry to hear about Lonzo passing :( I cried when I read it on the facebook page.
Blue, I'm sorry to hear about Vash passing as well :( Atleast they are no longer in pain and are across the rainbow bridge with all the others now. I'm glad you got a new baby though :) I'll have to see pictures. I sit and think about that with Jango sometimes.. if he'd pass away.. wich I know he will someday.. hopefully not for a long while though.. but I don't think I could handle it.

So far there's no sign of Jango wanting to brumate yet.. he does slow down and seem to head to his corner around 4 or 5 though and I have his lights set to go out at 6pm.

Yes I worked on Thanksgiving and I will probably will be working on Christmas Day too, they decided to open this year :( pretty sad when you can't even enjoy Christmas with your family because people are so greedy.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That's awful that you have to work on Xmas day. Are they just not getting enough $, is that why? Mind you, the restaurants up here are open on Xmas day, too, guess some people don't like to spend Xmas at home.

Jango is so young, you have years left with him. Look at Lonzo, he lived until 11 1/2. I was very sad & cried all day last Thursday, even called in a day without pay so I could stay home with him until I buried him that night with Rubio and Titan. But I felt very peaceful when he was buried. I realized that he'd had a wonderful life, first with Kevin, then with me. He was my old man & spoiled as much as I could spoil him. I knew, this last week, that there was a serious issue with him, had a feeling he was nearing the end of his life. I couldn't try to prolong his life when my vet told me there was a mass above his kidney. But because of his long life, it was easy to make that decision.

And yes, I'm adopting a 1 yr old male on Sunday. I'm looking forward to shopping for him (he'll need a basking spot but he'll get Lonzo's big log to play on. He'll need a hide, too) and then bringing him home. I'll post lots of pics, too. It'll be heard to leave him on his own while I'm at work next week, at least there's only Puff and Didi up right now, Leo and Gabriel are totally passed out, so will have extra time with him in the mornings before going to work.

Thanks for saying that Didi's looking good. I got my order of B vitamins this am, so he & Puff both got a dose and will daily for awhile.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey all.. just checking in.. I know I haven't been here for a long time.. just wanted you all to know Jango is still doing good.. he's around 3 1/2 years old now. Took him to the Reptile Rally last saturday at Petco and everyone loved him. I try to get him outside to get natural sunlight as much as I can which is kinda hard since I'm working alot and he pouts when I'm gone.. I always feel so bad leaving him at home alone all the time.. well he's not really alone.. Mike's here.. he's just in bed most of the time.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It's ok, Tammy, mine are alone all day long when I'm at work. They like to pout to get your attention but he's got a great big tank, so he gets lots of exercise and I know you snuggle him and love him when you're home. I saw the picture of him with Star Wars people on his back, he sure looked like a wonderful ride :D I know he has alot of fun with he's with Nathan, so he's got a great life!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Hi Tammy!

Broly's fine alone for hours sometimes, he does fine, I'm mostly here so it's ok. Glad Jango is still growing up and he's passed his "done growing" stage. 3 1/2 years old, he's a big boy. How's Nathan doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom