Jango (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all.. not sure who all read my introduction link so I guess i'll start by saying hi, my name is Tammy.. I'm a 38 year old, stay at home mommy of one human, my son Nathan (7yrs) and to Jango. My hubby bought Jango for me on Feb. 29, 2012 at a well known pet store near us.."Gittlers". The lady who took care of us there told us that Jango was only a few weeks old when we got him..so if that's correct he should be about 4 months old.. or somewhere around that i'm guessing. Not sure what kind of beardie he is though. He's currently in a 20 gallon reptile tank with reptile carpet and the lights that came with the tank.. I know I need to get new lights for him asap..just need the $$. He loves his crickets (dusted w/calcium 1x day) and he gets kale and turnip greens with some carrots and cucumber.. once in awhile I give him some apple, wich he loves. his basking side stays between 99 and 105 and his shady side stays about 75.

Jango loves being out of his terrarium and looking out the window, 'specially when the sun is shining and I can have it open.. I always supervise him. I don't trust him enough yet to let him have run of the house but I do let him run around on the couch and once in awhile in my son's bedroom, we block all the holes up and keep a close eye on him, a few times he'd snuggle with my son's stuffed animals and go to sleep, he even fell asleep once on the dresser behind the CD player. I can walk around the house with him hanging onto my shirt or sitting on my shoulder, wichever he feels like doing. Once in awhile I will take him into the bedroom with all the fish... yeah.. we have lots of fish.. mostly Chiclids.. 75 gallon, 55 gallon, a few 20 gallons, 10 gallons and a 5 gallon..oh also got a 29 gallon with gold fish in it.. hubby wants to get another 55 gallon and also wants to get Jango a 40 gallon breeder tank.

On with the pictures:..

Jango when we first came home 2/29/12:
034.jpg

a few days later 3/8/12:
009.jpg

he loves lookin' out the window 3/21/12:
017.jpg

lookin at the gold fish 4/4/12:
029.jpg

Jango's home 4/4/12:
039.jpg

My son and Jango looking out the window 4/9/12:
001-1.jpg

enjoying the sun on a beautiful day 4/16/12:
008-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

Then and now 4/21/12:
Jangobabyandbigger.jpg

sleeping 5/1/12:
005-2.jpg

5/3/12:
008-2.jpg

playing with the tape measure 5/6/12:
020-2.jpg

my handsome dragon 5/8/12:
004-1.jpg

puffin' out his beard 5/9/12:
010-1.jpg

5/10/12:
013-1.jpg

5/13/12:
040-1.jpg

Happy Mother's Day!
043-1.jpg

045-1.jpg

Who's that handsome fella? 5/15/12:
002-2.jpg

That's it for now.. sorry for so many.. there are many more if you would like to see more you can visit this link:
http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e69/TLynnH73/Jango/

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Good luck, just stay away from her, I guess. Sometimes you just have to take work that's there for the sake of your family.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I am so sorry to hear about Mike losing his job and really hope and pray he gets the one he's interviewing for. I sure hope the state will help y'all with food and stuff with all the dang cuts, its hard for everyone. I am sure somehow and with the grace of God you will be ok and something will turn up for you. I will definitely keep you in my prayers during this hard time. We are still fighting FEMA to get this house fixed like it was before our flood. We just need drywall down the stairs and around the crawl space and carpet. I did find a place willing to donate the fill dirt for my yard so that's a worry off of me. Hubby is out of his wrist brace now so he can help me a bit. The Methodist Church is coming out today to measure for drywall and will get it and install it for me so all I will have to do is prime and paint it, not a big deal but neither of us can hang drywall unless I want it all crooked and dizzying like Lucy and Ethel from I love Lucy hanging striped wallpaper on the diagonal lol. At least the drywall will keep the house warmer, since the cold damp air comes up from the basement since the crawl space is still drying out. Need to get a vapor barrier laid back down in the crawl space. Got all my Christmas decorations donated to me from Lowes and Home Depot so I am set for Christmas...need food though..all our money is gone for fixing the house. So we are in the same boat that way..and will continue to pray for you.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
11/15/13 6:55pm

Hey all.. thanks Deb and Tonja :) Well Mike finally got his unemployment benefits started, but since we filed for cash assistance through the welfare place.. we have to go in for an interview on the 25th.. even though we no longer want the cash assistance since his benefits started.. and we both have to put job applications in places.. atleast 3 a week or they will take everything away from us..foodstamps included. So if I end up getting a job and Mike gets a job.. I don't know what we're gonna do about getting Nathan off the bus in the afternoon. My mom lives over 15 miles away and I don't expect her to have to come all the way here to get him off the bus everyday. That's why I am currently a stay at home mom.. so I can be here to get him on and off the bus and incase he gets sick. My "so called" friend Shannon could get him off if needed and take him to her house until Mike or I get home and she just lives down the street.. her son is on the bus with Nathan and gets off the same bus stop.. but she doesn't think it's her responsibility to have to do that since he's not her child.. and she calls herself my friend? :roll: :x Jango is still up and getting into trouble.. not really. He's a good boy and I love him to death. He is still eating but takes about 4 or 5 days to poop.. he went into his half log hide today and tried to turn around and once again got stuck.. so I had Mike cut some off of a box and cut a hole for a door and placed that in his viv.. Jango didn't care for it and went to lay under his other logs instead. I'm gonna keep it in there though incase he decided to go in and use it. He is awake mostly all day but does hide his head under his logs and seems to want to go to sleep about 2 or 2:30pm.. closes his eyes and sprawls out onto his tummy.. arms back, legs spread out.. LOL.. he's so silly! Got a few pictures to share.. Nathan has a castle that my sister gave him and Jango loves to go in it and mess around, like a hideout.. this time he decided to take a nap infront of it.
11/8/13 Jango, Protector of King Nathan's castle

11/11/13 Nathan was playing with his castle and Jango ran in and up onto his lap and just sat there with him for about 5 minutes before crawling off and knocking a wall down to get out :lol:

11/12/13 The mighty dragon Jango takes over the castle!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Glad the unemployment started, can you not just cancel the appointment and tell them now that unemployment has started you don't need their help, or does this mean they'll cut off foot stamps if you don't go. So much more complicated in the USA than in Canada. As for Nathan, there must be a neighbour who wouldn't mind watching Nathan for you after school for a few $? I had to look around for a babysitter for Eric when I was working back east, it wasn't easy. Does Nathan's school have a before/after school care system in place? You can find out about that, might be the answer if and when you have to find work.

I loved those pictures, Jango sure got into the "dragon in the castle" mode, and the pics of him & Nathan were awesome.

Your mom can't drive 15 miles to get Nathan? It doesn't seem that far away. Guess you'll be looking into all options...good luck with everything.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
11/16/13 Saturday 10:50am

Hi Deb. I do have a friend that COULD watch him but she doesn't think it's her responsibility to have to do so even though it would be no out of the way thing for her since her son is on Nathan's best friend, on the same bus and gets off at the same bus stop.. and I don't know any other people around here that I trust (alot of people on drugs around here). If I get a job , I would probably only have to work until 4pm at the latest.. Nathan gets off the bus at 3:40pm.. I don't think it would be fair to ask my mom to drive 15 miles everyday to only be here for mabie a half hour, if that, then have to drive back home.. she doesn't have much money the and in my opinion would be a waste of gas, plus I did mention it to her once and she said what I just said.. that she doesn't have money to put in her car to keep running out here every day. The school doesn't have an after school program.. and is the only ones that doesn't.. that's one of the reasons I hate it here, the school district is stupid and doesn't run like most of them do. So yes I would like to have a job because we could use the extra money, but it's hard to do when I don't have anyone to be here for my son after school and Employers don't give a damn about that. Even when I did work and Nathan was in daycare, if I had to leave early because they called and said he was sick, that I had to go get him.. I was allowed to leave to get him but after so long they started getting mad and told me I was soon gonna lose my job if it didn't stop. Sorry people.. I need to get my son if he's sick and someone has to be with him.. I have no one else so I have no other options. My mom wasn't allowed to watch him at the time because she lived with my uncle and he didnt want kids there. So yeah.. in this situation, my life pretty much sucks until Nathan is old enough to be home alone for abit.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Well that's a drag, hopefully Mike finds a good job soon and you won't have to worry about it. Wonder if there are part-time jobs you can work from 10a-2p? That would solve the problem. I can only wish you good luck. It was very hard to find Eric babysitters when he was little I travelled 1 1/2 yrs each way to work and no daycare in the area. I couldn't wait to move out here where there were lots of daycares & then, when Eric was in Gr 1, Roger wasn't able to work anymore, so he was home after that. Made it easier to find work.

Hopefully it all works out for you both.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I love the pictures of King Jango, keeper of the castle lol. How old is Nathan and would he be ok home alone for 1/2 hour till you get home. I remember latch key kids and they were fine. If you opt for 1/2 hour of him being home alone till you get home, have him call you with one ring on your phone as soon as hes in the door..he doesn't need to go outside but can do any homework. Set heavy ground rules that have to be adhered to...put numbers on the fridge for emergency contact for him and a snack in the fridge. For that short a period of time he should be ok and you can also have the police do a drive by once a day during the week till you are home....that's what I had to do with my daughter for 45 mins till I got home from work when I did work> Just a suggestion.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Nathan is 9 years old. We live in a stupid little town and the police won't come up by where we live unless they absolutely have to and even then the township/borough police won't come, they send the state police and it takes them an hour to get here usually. Nathan is afraid of everything so he won't stay home alone and I really don't want him here alone because our neighborhood isn't really safe.. apparently last night someone was in my car.. Nathan and I went out to go to my mom's and the door of the car was closed but not latched, the glove compartment was open and the cigerette tray was opened.. I know they weren't opened when I parked it last night.. I asked Mike if he was in it and he said no.. so now we have to lock our car doors too.. there's been many break-ins just up the street from us not too long ago as well. not gonna pay someone to come stay with him for a half hour, if that.. so hopefully there will be a way I won't have work until he's older.. plus he has to walk 3 blocks from the bus stop to get home. Sometimes I just hate life.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
11/25/13 Monday 2:15pm

~ Hey all.. sorry i'm not around much anymore, just been busy doing other things :oops: As usual, nothing much to report.. Jango still not sleeping all day.. he gets up in the morning when his lights come on.. some days he's up all day until his lights go out.. other days he's asleep by 2pm. He still likes coming out and hanging at the window for abit and running around the house, but I dont' let him out long since the cold winter weather came around. There's not insulation on our floor and we don't have a basement or anything so the floor is always cold. He hasn't been eating much though and it's been awhile since he poo'd again.. so I won't let him sleep all day, everyday until he does. I am on a bearded dragon page on Facebook..I shared a picture of Jango on it and someone asked me if Jango has some form of reduced scalation? What is that?? I asked them but they never answered me back.
~On other news Nathan and I were at my Mom's on Saturday (didn't want to go because I knew we were to get snow, but we went anyways).. Nathan kept bugging my mom to go to a store called Five Below, because he wanted a toy he seen there before and since I said no it was "ask grandma" time.. so she finally got ready and we left around 4pm.. Well that was when the wind and snow started too.. it got pretty nasty out but we still went to the store and got Nathan his toy. Instead of going back to her house, she insisted on going out to eat.. so we did.. well then it was going on 7pm when we headed back to her house. The street we were on (a main street) was backed up with cars.. so we thought there was an accident.. nope.. no accident but the street was really slick.. there was a cop with two other cars pulled off onto a side street... not sure why.. perhaps they had an accident? didn't look like it though.. well we just passed them and before we knew it we were sliding on black ice, did a turnaround and was sliding backwards.. right into another car..who could've been gone but decided to put on her brakes instead of just going and then got out and started yelling at my mom for hitting her. Hello *****.. my mom had no control over the car and you could've avoided us by just going instead of stopping! She just started driving I guess, from what I heard.. I stayed in the car with Nathan who was having a nervous breakdown :( She took my mom's insurance information but my Mom didn't get hers.. so now i'm just hoping they don't cause problems for my mom.. specially since the girl and my mom both decided that there was no damage that it would be just forgot about. Nathan wanted to sleep over his grandma's house and I was gonna come home.. but he started crying and didn't want me to leave.. he was afraid I'd get in a wreck and die, so I stayed the night as well. In addition, now Nathan is afraid to ride in the car when it's snowing.
~Mike still hasn't found a job.. he has to go to a seminar at CareerLink on Dec. 5.. he's not happy about that. Not sure if I mentioned it or not before.. but I don't need to get a job now.. since his unemployment started we no longer are eligable for cash assistance so I don't have to worry about no one being here to get Nathan off the bus.
~There is a winter storm advisory for tomorrow into Wednesday.. Nathan has a yearly check-up appt. for tomorrow at 4;30pm.. I might cancel it since it's suppose to be bad.. rain, snow, sleet.. ice.. Not sure what to do yet.. I'm afraid if I cancel now that it won't be that bad.. but from what I hear on the TV.. it's gonna be bad.
Well I hope you all are doing well and i'll try to get around to reading up on things on everyone's threads.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm so glad the unemployment started for you guys, hope Mike finds something soon. At least you can stay home for now as Nathan is sure too young to stay alone & you wouldn't be able to pick your hours anyway, probably.

I'd cancel that apt until you can walk there, if the weather is going to be bad, why take the chance, just rebook. It's for a yearly physical anyway, nothing serious, right, so why take the chance. Those storms can get so nasty so quickly.

Hopefully nothing happens insurance wise for your mom, but she should call her ins co & let them know what happened, just in case, as she wouldn't have been at fault anyway, due to black ice.

Glad Jango is still up and about, if he hasn't eaten much, might not even have a poop in there, but when you give him a bath, make the water hotter than usual and do the belly massage, just to give him incentive!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
thought I would pop in to say hi. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I cooked yesterday and was not even hungry when done but ate a little. Spent the rest of the day decorating my house <posted pictures> and today will spend it putting up the tree and getting it shaped and decorated as much as I can. Emily and Geico are doing great but Em wants to sleep a bit earlier anymore, find her under her hammock about 7 sleeping her little heart out. Geico is going strong and not showing any signs of wanting to slow down. Finally things are almost done with my basement and stairs, at least the sheetrock is up and the crews coming back this weekend to texture the walls in the stairs so I can prime them and paint them. Its so nice to be warm again and not feel the dampness in this house from the basement being so cold and damp and it permeating the house. Anyway, hope you have a great day!

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
12/7/13 Saturday 11:45pm

Hey everyone! I know not many read this anymore.. but oh well, guess i'll post anyways. Jango is still awake for the most part of the day.. his lights come on at 7am and he lays and gets warm until about 9am then he will start to black beard, bob his head and run around like a wild lizard until I get him out.. if I'm not there to get him out when he wants out he decided to redecorate his viv, the other day he nearly had his logs ontop of him while he was redecorating. He loves to be out to run around as much as possible in the morning and afternoon and I placed a pillow by the heater and he enjoys time on that too. We put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving and the next day I put Jango up at the window to look out, well he decided he was gonna check out the tree.. he tried to jump into it and missed, fell (not far) to the platform the tree is on and continued to demolish Nathan's train :lol: Well that was the last time he was allowed on the windowsill until after Christmas is over and the tree is down, Mike doesn't want Jango to break his mom's old ceramic houses and such that are on the platform.

This morning (10am) Nathan had a basketball game at school.. his team lost by one point 19-18, but Nathan even made a basket for his team! :blob8: so proud of him :D After the game we came home and much to my surprize.. Mike had Jango out, letting him run around as he watched him! :shock: Jango was having a blast running back and forth the kitchen.. did I mention Mike left him out?? When I wasn't there! I still can't believe it! Nathan and I were leaving to go to my Mom's (about 10 minutes after we got home) and Mike wanted me to leave Jango out to run around.. said he'd watch him as long as he was being good :shock: So we left to go to my mom's... not sure how long Jango was out.. Mike was in bed when we got home (around 10:30pm). Ok.. well I got a few pictures of Jango to share..

Jango hanging out at HIS heater 11/30/13:

Jango black bearding me because he wanted out 12/3/13:

Jango's redecorating job..where he nearly had his logs ontop of him 12/5/13:

notice the smug look on his face on the last picture...he was mighty proud of himself.. but mommy wasn't

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Jango is just so funny, he reminds me so much of Gabriel, who also black beards me all the time when he wants out & he rearranges his furniture, too. So funny! I laughed out loud when I heard that Mike let Jango out, guess being home is making him realize that Jango can be a lot of fun...glad to hear that!

So Jango tried but missed getting into the tree, he's not the only beardie that likes to climb Xmas trees. It would be a shame, though, if he damaged any of Mike's mom's Xmas things on the platform, but he must have enjoyed trashing Nathan's train.

And good for Nathan, that's awesome & losing by 1 point means that was a great game, way to go Nathan :D :D :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

I always read your posts, even if I don't sometimes have time to answer them, so keep posting, k? I love to see pics of Jango and Nathan, too.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
12/8/13 Sunday 1:17pm

Thanks Deb :) Mike got Jango out again this morning and left him run around again. Jango runs around the kitchen and sometimes into the bathroom or laundry room at times but then gets cold and runs to his heater and sits there for awhile and gets warm then is off again for awhile, then back to the heater or gets tired and wants to go to sleep so he tries to find a dark place to go to sleep, but since it's winter is here our floor gets cold so when I see him wanting to find a place to sleep I put him back in his viv, then he pouts but I just don't want him to go somewhere to sleep and get cold. He was trying to get into his half log and turn around and would get stuck so we took that out and put the box in his viv.. the only time he was in it was when we put him in it, he stayed in and went to sleep but came out the next morning and hasn't gone back into it since. We thought he'd love it since it's dark inside and he usually wants to sleep by 2 or 3pm, sometimes earlier now. He went into it when I had it out on the floor but won't go in it when it's in his viv :? Oh well... guess we'll keep it in there and see if he will start using it.. but for now he'd rather stick his head under one of his other logs and go to sleep like that..silly dragon.

Forgot to tell you that Nathan also got a thing from the State Representative for being on the High Honor Roll the first grading period.. we're so proud of him.

We decorated for Christmas..
Our Tree:

Nathan made his Elf "Eddy" when he was in first grade.. he's like the Elf on the Shelf and comes around every Christmas and leaves when Christmas is over.. Nathan says he's different than his friends elves and I told him that his elf is special, he was made and came to life with love.

Our outside Christmas lights...on the porch and down the driveway:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Kubet77 là nhà cái đánh giá uy tín hoạt động từ năm 2005, có giấy phép bảo hộ từ PAGCOR, thu hút nhiều người chơi tại Việt Nam và Châu Á nhờ dịch vụ đáng tin cậy. Website: Kubet77 🎖️ Nhà Cái Cá Cược Trực Tuyến Đáng Chơi Nhất 2024 Địa chỉ: Số 27 Đường số 7, Cityland Park Hills,
Go88 là một trong những nhà cái cá cược trực tuyến hàng đầu với danh tiếng vững chắc trong cộng đồng người chơi.
Tag: #appgo88link #go88link #Game_Go88 #Game_bài_Go88 #Cổng_game_Go88 #Tài_xỉu_Go88 #Nạp_tiền_Go88 #Rút_tiền_Go88 #play_Go88
https://smartcity.bandung.go.id/member/bsc3090527795d
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lia&Agatha
Top Bottom