Jace, Zy, Sorin, Ava, Nissa, & Koth -->Update 12-18 w/ Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I'm relatively new to this website, though I have posted questions prior to this "blog." I fell in love with bearded dragons on a trip to Petco. I've always wanted a reptile and I have a dragon statue collection at home so it seemed perfect. Jace, however, was not my first beardie. My first beardie was one of the two smaller ones. The employees hadn't gotten around to putting on of the little ones up for adoption because he would have a seizure whenever he was picked up. They were pretty sure the one I had picked wasn't the seizure one. I bought him the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and am sad to say I returned him that following Monday. This one had seizures whenever he was put down. I knew, being a new owner, that it would be better for the both of us if I returned him to Petco and that was when I got Jace, the love of my life. On a side note, the two that suffered from seizures got adopted to loving homes where someone can take care of them :D . Anyways, on to my picture show.

This was my first night with Jace. He no longer has that cage - he is in a bigger one and on tiles instead.
IMG_0466_zps0e44f451.jpg

The first week montage:
IMG_0517_zpse9298ed9.jpg

IMG_0502_zpsc28cf050.jpg

IMG_0491_zps164f07a4.jpg

I loved the way he just dug a bed and curled up.
IMG_0726_zps0e0c476a.jpg

He was so little!
IMG_0916_zps210e6886.jpg

This is his new cage - the sand in the dig bowl has been replaced with flaxseed
IMG_1144_zpscd40c0cb.jpg

My little poser :D
IMG_1153_zpsf79b1698.jpg

IMG_0068_zps9a858168.jpg

He loves climbing on my shirt and just hang
IMG_1226_zps79bd805e.jpg

I loved the natural blue that came out - don't know how that happened
IMG_1235_zpsa21c2d39.jpg

Again, his dig box before we changed it:
IMG_1278_zps45287aa6.jpg

He loves my computer
FB3FDAC4-6B1F-4764-A804-0F98181965E1-952-000000913408F03F.jpg

That's it for now, but he's a very photogenic man so there will be more to follow.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
UPDATE:

Me:
Sorry I haven't been around much, if at all. I've been having a rough time. Between work (hours are really picking up and I have a lot of late nights) and school, I haven't had time to breath, let alone even hang with my babies. For the most part all they get is taken to the bath and held to be given their vitamins. I've been a terrible mommy and feel terrible about it. Sorin doesn't even know what it means to cuddle.
Work typically is 4pm-10pm at my new job 3-4x's a week and random Sunday shifts. Not to mention my 14 hours of work on Saturdays alone.
Thanksgiving was hectic. My older job is working at assistant living so obviously you can't close down for a holiday. So I was scheduled to work 6:30-2:30 there but finished and left by 1:45 which was nice. Ran to my aunt's house, ate there (she is such an amazing cook - sweet potato casserole is to die for) then after desert I drove to Paul's for a second Thanksgiving. Thankfully, I missed dinner so I didn't have to eat a second turkey dinner. Though I like turkey and probably wouldn't have minded. I stayed at Paul's until 12:30 in the morning and then we told his mom we were going out black Friday shopping and went to my house and napped on the floor of my living room. He was supposed to leave at 2:30, but slept through both alarms (as did I) and didn't leave until 4:00. Luckily no one noticed.
I finished all of my major Christmas shopping, now it is just buying the little stocking stuffers for Paul and maybe a few smaller items for under our cute, tiny tree. I just need to finished rapping. My least favorite past time. I suck at it.
All of the babies will be getting viv cleanings today. To stall on homework, I've decided to do a lot of cleaning. Not to mention the rooms are kind of dirty and have that old lady house smell. No offense to anyone, the smell just reminds me of a bunch of different houses I've been to that older woman have owned. And yes, it is an unpleasant smell. Not going to make me gag anytime soon, but it's just not pleasant.
So now updates on the ones you really wanted to hear about:

Jace:
Jacey baby is doing well. He eats a little every day, mostly just greens when he does eat, and then sleeps under his hammock. Winter is definitely catching up with him. He'll spend the first half of his day on his hammock and then he wants to go to bed. Should I turn off his lights then? leave them on? I did take a video of an interaction he and Zy had, but will tell you it for now. He was on my couch with a clear view of Zy and started head bobbing her. She head bobbed him back (I didn't even know she knew how to). Then Jace went on for a minute straight of waving to her. Unfortunately I only caught the waving part. But I just couldn't stop laughing. Jace gave Zy the dominant role. My mind was blown.

Zy:
Sadly I have not been able to reach my vet. She's only available when I am unavailable so it has been next to impossible to contact her. Zy's doing really well though. Her baby bumps are gone. I can't feel anything like I could before. She's alert and always, ALWAYS watching everything. She will only eat when hand fed greens (no worms for this drama queen) and even then not many unless I trick her. She spends most of her days sprawled out on her hammock. Should I start offering her Carnivore Care maybe? Or baby food or bee pollen? Or all of the above.

Sorin:
He's on the growing slow down. I'm sure he's not done yet, he's only about 7.5 months old. I'll post a growth chart later, maybe, hopefully. He's lazy in his pen, but once he's out in the play pen, he runs around, scratched at the door, and eventually tires himself out and slumps over into a corner to sleep. He's doing well. He eats all of his supers and then a few greens and calls it a day. Unfortunately, due to lack of handling, he has wild tendencies and just looking at his coloring and personality, he's similar to a wild beardie.

Ava:
So on a very belated note, Ava turned one year old on November 21st. I wish I had a picture to post of her like I did with Zy, but just haven't had the time to make one. with all of the papers I have due, I really shouldn't be on here anyways, lol. She's doing well. The calcium is helping her a lot and she eats a lot more than she used to.

Nissa
Nissa has been doing well. She's the most active of all the leos. She'll come out of her hide during the day from time to time, plop down in plain sight, and sleep. She also comes out more at night.

Koth:
He's my hairy homebody. He never wants to leave his moist hide though sometimes I catch him under his stairs. I need to figure out moist hides for the leos. The ones they have now, they make a mess of...all the time.

I believe that covers everyone. Again, sorry for being absent for so long. Winter break is almost here! Hurrah!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Good to hear from you. You were asking about turning out lights? It depends on if there has been at least 2 hours of basking after eating, then if either Jace of Zy is really sleepy, you can turn off the lights. As long as there as been at least 8 hours of UVB, too. That would be sufficient if they're still eating. My crew are up at 8a & lights out at 6p, but I think I'm going to make that 5p as they're already sleeping by 5p. So like that.

Thanks for the update on everyone & Sorin hasn't stopped growing yet, not at 7.5 mo, you'll see how big he gets by the spring!

Glad the leos are doing so well, especially Ava.

You're almost done your first semester, only two more to go & you're done, right? You're done in just over a year! Way to go!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Chastity:
Thanks! I miss being around them to have crazy baby stories to tell.

Deb:
Yeah, right now it's lights on at 7am and off at 8pm. So that's 13 hours of light. Too much?
Sorin will be a beast,
Yup, two more semesters and then I'm blowing this pop stand. Woohoo!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Do you have them up that early so you have time with them? Mine are up at 8a and lights out at 6p, but sometimes they're already asleep. I have one time that just won't work and not putting a timer on Titan, he'll just have to wait until I get home, as he needs to be always warm. Do your timers always work? That's great. If they want to sleep earlier in the day, you can put the timers to 5p, that's still more than enough UVB. You'll have to check it out, as depends on whether they're slowing down over the winter or not.

I know, 2 more semesters and you're done! And it will go fast! Maybe not as fast as you want it to, but still, look how much you've already finished!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
They're up at 7am because I have to leave at 8am and am gone all day so they need to bask an hour before eating.

All the timers work.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Good for you, timers wise. I'd just leave the timers the way they are, that way they night be awake when you get home & if you're home early & they get sleepy you can just turn the lights off anyway. Either way, the lights on all day won't hurt them!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Hey Liz, your world is hectic. Been a while since I been on
this thread, glad everyone is well. My kid is up from 9a - 7
only because he's up for half the day and down for the day
after 12p, dead asleep by 7. I'm with hoopy how long is the
semester? It seems like you're dying here. Feel better you totally
deserve a rest.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
A semester is roughly 13 weeks after days off, 14 weeks total. Not including finals week. I am so ready for it to be over, but both my jobs will be pouring down the hours - probably 30 hours a week each so no rest really. Oh well.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Hey :) How's things going? Hope all's going good with you and your kids. Hope things get to slow down for you and not be so hectic. Jango's light goes on at 7am and turn off at 6pm but he's usually sleeping way before that.. usually around 2 or 3pm he'll push his head under his logs and go to sleep like that.. even though I put a box with door cut in it for him to sleep..he never uses it. Lately he's been rearranging his logs and stuff in his viv because he wants out...everytime I he does it I always think of Zy :lol:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well, to answer your question, I pretty much just lost my winter break. At the assisting living place I work at, two of my coworkers got fired - one full time and the other part time. I stepped in as the temporary filler until they can be replaced - I'm only replacing the full time person. Not this week, but the next two following weeks (including Christmas) I will be working 43 hours each week. And this is at only one job - does not include my hours at the new place. I'm not going to have any free time to do anything, not to mention my one winter course that starts in January. My poor babies already feel neglected already. What's a girl to do?

Will update more maybe tomorrow or Monday - I need to get ready for my other job. Woohoo to 14 hour Saturdays.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You're going to have good income but it's a drag that you're having to give up your winter break, 'cause you need a break. I'll be thinking of you and don't worry about your babies, mine get a bit neglected, too, and they don't mind.
As long as they're fed, lights are on & off and they're warm enough, that's all that really counts for now. They love you anyway!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So... This is my Facebook post:

I will be working 74 hours next week between both jobs.

Sunday: 12:00-6:00
Monday: 6:30-2:30
Tuesday: 6:30-2:30, 4:00-10:00
Wednesday: 6:30-9:30, 4:00-10:00
Thursday: 6:30-2:30, 4:00-10:00
Friday: 6:30-2:30
Saturday: 6:30-2:30, 4:00-11:00

I'm tired just looking at all of that.

And I am. Paul will be doing all of the baby caring and mommy will be the missing link. I will try and post a thorough update Sunday with pictures. On the bright side Paul and I made dinner today that should last us through tomorrow as well. Yum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom