It's been awhile since I've had a youngster....

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluffpuffgerbil

Juvie Member
Hey everyone =) It's been a long time since I've posted on here! I used to frequent here often, but lately not so much. My sister and I both still have our dragons, Riza(my sister's female dragon), and Scout (my boy <3) and they are doing well! Riza's been brumating since August though haha. She's good though.
I also started a dubia roach colony one or two years ago, and what started as about 20 adults and 500 babies has turned into thousands of bugs (that I am prone to neglecting.... oops... there's just. so. many. And my leopard gecko and two beardies don't even put a dent in it)

And for a couple years now, my older sis and I have both been wanting to get another bearded dragon, but the time had never been right. I had school, and my sister now has a job. Now, I don't have school and have accumulated some cash from pet sitting jobs, have two big tubs of roaches ready to be eaten, and have a way to get some money via drawing and petsitting =D

So this January I hope to add a baby beardie to the family!
I have a 29/30gallon tank I got for free at a garage sale to put it in until I get a bigger cage, and know the general feeding routine from when Scout was a baby.
Offer bugs 3x a day, yes? Morning, lunch, and dinner?
Also salad, which baby may or may not eat. Scout still hardly eats his salad, though he's gotten better about it.
Temps for a baby on the basking side should be 105-115*f, depending on what baby is comfortable with, yes?

There are a couple things I'm sort of concerned about though, and that includes the fact I just moved my 30 gallon into my room and it's right next to Scout's cage. There's a blanket clipped to his cage (it's so it blocks out the leopard gecko light at night when I pull the blanket over to the other side of the rack), so he couldn't really SEE the baby, but I know he'd know it was there.
If the baby is a girl, the Perv/Ladie's Man Scout will be stressin' himself out. Will he act the same with a male nearby? I do personally prefer male bearded dragons. The females seem to dislike me and they are always so spazzy! It's hard for me to tell what they want haha.

Also, the reptile expo where it'd be ideal to get a beardie, is the 17th of January I think, and the 15th I'm starting a dogsitting job down the street where I'll have to sleep at and be there quite often. It's not hard to walk home to feed and visit baby dragon, my schedule with it just may or may not be so consistent? (It's probably a nonissue rather than the fact I'll have to handle a 2 week long dog/house sitting job down the road and handle a baby dragon at the same time. Why not? haha)

I just wanted to see if I sound like I'm all set with my knowledge, make sure there's nothing I'm missing (Baby will be on paper towels or newspaper until I would get tiles for a bigger cage... My leo still needs tiles, so maybe I can tile shop for them together haha). I'll get a reptisun 10.0 for it like I use with all my others, and whatever wattage white bulb I need to get the temps up. Also I wanted to share my excitement about getting another dragon, AND I need to figure out what type or colour I want! (I've always wanted a leatherback, but I also want either a white dragon or a red/orange one... Hmmmmm)

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I just wasn't sure where else to put it!

Also, here's a pic of Scout with his bow and gemstone necklace =)
10013941_580775078721390_1444767275228849146_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom