It's been 12 days since we upgraded the UVB...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
And Cloudy is shedding!!!!!!! :blob8: :blob8: :blob5: :blob5:

We couldn't be happier! Since we ditched the Zilla compact, and replaced it with the ReptiSun, things have steadily gotten better. Cloudy is eating more, sleeping less, is more alert, and in general, seemingly much more comfortable about life. What a change! And it happened so quickly! We noticed a difference in his demeanor within hours of changing the bulb, and each day, we notice more and more improvement. We are so grateful to the advice offered here on this forum. We're certain it changed our beardie's (and our) life!

We have been cheering him (or her :D ) on every day, and each day looking for that BIG sign. Then, yesterday morning, while DS was holding him he noticed some loose skin around Cloudy's arm, and it's been all skin falling off since then! The viv is a MESS, and we couldn't be happier. :wink: Can't quite say the same for 'Clouds' though. He's not too grumpy, but definitely feeling some discomfort. He's hasn't shed since before Thanksgiving, and to our notice, has not grown since that time (he's 6+ inches at 4 1/2 months). We really started to notice him going down hill a few weeks ago; sleeping a lot, not eating, etc. It was just AFTER I found this forum, and starting reading about size and such... and we realized... something was definitely off. I'm thankful to have found you all when I did.

Now, things are looking up. WAAAAAY UP! :mrgreen:

Just had to share this. Many thanks!

The best,
Em

msmaui

Juvie Member
That's really GREAT that Cloudy is shedding and doing so well. Good to hear the new bulb is doing a good job. Maybe Cloudy would like a nice warm bath to comfort him. Happy shedding!! :blob5: :blob8:

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
msmaui":0560d said:
Maybe Cloudy would like a nice warm bath to comfort him.

That's one of his new things actually, started the night we got the new tube... he gives HIMSELF baths nearly everyday. It's the dearest thing, and the first time, it fRRReaker us out, "Is his head under the water?!" At any rate, he had one this am, and seemingly enjoyed it immensely. (He immerses nearly his whole body under the water, save for his nose which he sticks up. Hilarious.) :mrgreen:

I tell you, dead skin has never looked so beautiful. DS and I were actually--as in quite literally--dancing a jig, and singing about the room yesterday morning. Um, AFTER we put Cloudy back in the viv, that is. At any rate, I'm quite sure the neighbors think we're nutz. :oops:

Thanks for your kind words.

Em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom