Issue in my Planning: Cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColoradoRiverRafter

Juvie Member
Original Poster
DragonsInKansas":52d06 said:
If your parents will let you breed roaches then I might be able to help you out with a dragon and set up.

Sweet, man, thanks!

I have the ever-deadly Petco about 15-30min away. They have a whole set up...but I am unsure about it.

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
what comes in the setup?

be sure its the right light and substrate (you know how it goes ;))

pimmsoclock87

Hatchling Member
ColoradoRiverRafter":22673 said:
DragonsInKansas":22673 said:
If your parents will let you breed roaches then I might be able to help you out with a dragon and set up.

Sweet, man, thanks!

I have the ever-deadly Petco about 15-30min away. They have a whole set up...but I am unsure about it.

I can guarantee that the set-up will be rubbish. Wrong lights etc.
Personally i would shop round and buy things seperatly or look on craigslist (think thats what its called, i aint from the states so don't know :lol: )

DeweysMom

Sub-Adult Member
So far, here's my tally...

> Enclosure = $65 (was on sale @ Petsmart for $90, but I had a $25 gift card... reg price was $110.00).
> Stand = $150 (this of course is optional as some people choose to put the tank right on the floor).
> Shelf Liner for bottom of tank = $7.00 (from Walmart... I think it was $7.00 may have been less).
> ReptiSun UVB Light = $20.47 (from Petmountain.com)
> Light Fixture for ReptiSun = $8.94 (from Wal-Mart)
> Clamp Light Dome = $9.00 (from Wal-Mart)
> (2) Timers for Lights = $6.94 (from Wal-Mart)
> Zilla Corner Cave = $22.00 (from Petmountain.com)
> Food Dishes (3) = $13.73 (from Petmountain.com)
> Digital Thermometer = $6.64 (from Petmountain.com)
> Digital Hygrometer / Thermometer = $19.94 (from Petmountain.com)
> Repti-Cal = $4.35 (from Petmountain.com)
> Repti-Vite = $3.38 (from Petmountain.com)
> Driftwood = $18 (two decent sized pieces on clearance at a local pet store).
> Fake Vine = $3.50 (was on sale @ Michael's... reg price was $7.00).
> Blankie = $11.00 (at Walmart - optional item)
> Rubbermaid Bin for Crickets = $5.50 (from Walmart)
> Dragon itself = $177.50 (including Saturday delivery which is more $$)

I think I got everything, but I'm sure I missed something. Anyway, this brings my total to... $552.89 (OUCH!!) :shock:

It's funny. James didn't cost me nearly as much when I first got him. I think I only paid $300 for everything. That was until he decided he wanted a girlfriend. Then the prices skyrocketed :roll:
Before buying all that stuff, I do suggest asking around. I'm sure there's a friend that used to have a reptile and has a basking rock or food dish. A lot of people have spare shelf liner and blankets laying around. Even if it's just for a starting item, and you can work up sooner.
Also, we have James on what used to be a vintage coffee table. Maybe you have a spare surface your baby can be on until you can save up some more for the stand.
All suggestions. And never doubt craigslist and our very own For Free section :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom