Is this too mean? (question about MBD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

Juvie Member
Herculette is brumating or semi, she just moves to thermo regulate other than that she eats a little poop a little and then she sleeps... all she does..
There is a green basilisk that I am taking in that has suffered from zilla light for two years, she is stunted in growth and I am going to nurture her some see if I can perk her up and then find her a good home. The owner is selling her on CL and I am worried that if she comes to someone that has no clue that she won't get the right nutrition.. I dont think I can reverse the effect but at least I can pamper her a little bit. I was going to let her borrow Herculette's cage and Herculette can sleep in her old tank which is just a 30 gallon but it's not like she's moving anyhow and if she would like I can always bring her to run around and play.. Not that she has interest in that either.. bf took her out the other day and she kept on sleeping on top of him till she got too cold and wanted back in.. *lol* And I am selling my xbox so I could afford another bigger cage if I decide to keep her, right now I just want her taken care of and hopeuflly into good hands of some basilisk pro that has a HUGE set up or so.. She would deserve that...

Ok question for the MBD pro's. What effect can MBD have on the inside?? Things that are not fully visible and how will I be able to tell? is there anything I can do to reverse it? she's almost 2 so I figured its kinda too late.. Any comments here would be very grateful..

I am not a MBD anything... let me just say this. I have a male beardie that I am pretty sure that had the beginnings of MBD was kinda confirmed by our reptile vet.( and has a permanent bent tail to prove it) Just want to say if you can give that lizard any type of new life that is a great thing. And if there anything like beardies they are fighters. I'm sure we have all seen no legs walkin on nubs doing well, and many other horrid stories, yes its sad but they do still live with great care and love. So I would say if it means a few different arrangements then I would say go for it.

Monkey

Juvie Member
Original Poster
VIckson gave me an awesome idea last night on how to do a good home made little viv for her :) You gotta love rubber maids, it will be posted here in a week or so *lol*

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
My beardie Elvis has MBD. He has the walking wrong thing, slight rubber jaw, and slight tail curve. Its pretty bad, but not as bad as the whole spine bent. The early signs were bending and sitting on his foot. He's on liquid calcium and improving. You should bring him to a vet to definantly confirm MBD though. She may need a calcium shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom