Is this normal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightgal

Ok so today Alfredo (my beardie) as I call him, ate 25 large crickets, 5 giant meal worms (his treat for today) and about 1/2 a cup of mixed dandelion and mustard green.

He has been eating around 25 to 30 crickets a day...is that normal? Or should I limit him? I normally put 30 crickets in the morning and he hunts them all normally then, but leaves a few that hide in his grapevine that he normally catches later thoughout the day as they come out of hiding.

Any suggestions?

peera

Sub-Adult Member
How old is he? If he's less than a year, he should be eating as many live feeders as he wants. If he's over a year, you should be moving him down to live feeders every few days. (I believe the recommended number is 30-50 a week) To many live feeders can give an adult fatty liver disease. He'll be angry at you for a while, but he'll get used to the majority of his diet being greens.

BTW, mealworms aren't good for them, they can cause impaction and just don't give enough nutrition for the risk. However, if by "giant mealworm" you mean superworms, that's fine. Supers and mealies aren't the same species although they resemble each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom