Is this normal?

doommig

Hello, my dragon has been occasionally eating for the past week or so. Last time she ate was about 3 days ago. But she seems like she's not lethargic as she is basking the whole days. Also she was wall surfing yesterday which is a good sign that she is alive and well. I keep greens out 24/7. Haven't seen her eat them as well, what do you guys think?????

Also her specs are good.
Basking spot 100 degrees
Uvb about 14 inches from decor t5 10.0 inside enclosure.
About 15 months old female

Thank you

Her right now

Attachments

• 16829567200103011306477123214125.jpg
    16829567200103011306477123214125.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 64

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello, my dragon has been occasionally eating for the past week or so. Last time she ate was about 3 days ago. But she seems like she's not lethargic as she is basking the whole days. Also she was wall surfing yesterday which is a good sign that she is alive and well. I keep greens out 24/7. Haven't seen her eat them as well, what do you guys think?????

Also her specs are good.
Basking spot 100 degrees
Uvb about 14 inches from decor t5 10.0 inside enclosure.
About 15 months old female

Thank you

Her right now
I would get two digital probe thermometers one on the hot side one on the cool side -- IR guns are good but can be off due to certain materials basking pieces are made out of - they are the most accurate -- also I would get a digital probe hygrometer place it on the back center wall - you want to keep track of the humidity in the tank --- Zoo Med makes them - I would get it separate from the thermometers - they come in combos - Exo Terra Digital Hygrometer | Dubia.com
Has she laid eggs before - is she digging ?

doommig

Original Poster
I would get two digital probe thermometers one on the hot side one on the cool side -- IR guns are good but can be off due to certain materials basking pieces are made out of - they are the most accurate -- also I would get a digital probe hygrometer place it on the back center wall - you want to keep track of the humidity in the tank --- Zoo Med makes them - I would get it separate from the thermometers - they come in combos - Exo Terra Digital Hygrometer | Dubia.com
Has she laid eggs before - is she digging ?
She's been clawing at her cave from the inside, no I've haven't seen any eggs, could that be the reason? Is that digging clawing in the cave ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
She's been clawing at her cave from the inside, no I've haven't seen any eggs, could that be the reason? Is that digging clawing in the cave ?
I would set up a dig box for her-- I can post info for that

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thank you, would appreciate that
LAYBOX

potting soil that doesn't have any type of chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & tha the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to have standing water.

doommig

Original Poster
LAYBOX

potting soil that doesn't have any type of chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & tha the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to have standing water.
Thank you

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
ALL potting soils i can find have manure in them, you can get reptisoil at most reptile stores.
Some females won't try to lay if they can't make a burrow.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom