Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuzukiRider

Hatchling Member
I put Houdini in for a bath 2 or 3 times a week, however I noticed once he stopped fighting to get out he starts drinking and swimming around, especially when I'm not looking. I've also noticed that he puts his head under water when he swims around. Is this normal?

Evergreen

Juvie Member
Normal :) It sounds adorable too, I wish my boy would swim around instead of just staring at me like I'm about to water-board him!

SuzukiRider

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It is so cute to watch. I found when I don't watch him that's when he entertains himself. Give that a try.

Erimis

Ive found the same thing, they hate it and try to get out and then just relax and drink. Mine seem to swim when they are about to do some major shedding. I usually let mine be in their tub (still near me!) while I clean their cage, so Im not staring at them. Works for the babies, my big guy doesn't care if I stare! :D

kFitz

Hatchling Member
my girl usually drinks for a good 5 minutes when I put here in, then she'll splash around and then look at me wanting out. She laid her first clutch today and was naturally filthy! When i stuck her in the bath, she started swimming around like a crocodile, not using her arms so much, just pushing herself around with her back legs! I had to change the water 3 times because it got so dirty! I love watching my girl swim and splash around!

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
that's great that you got a swimmer. some dragons love love love the water, others act like they are being murdered.
and stare at you with betrayal in their eyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom