is this normal???

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
i just got another baby girl and she is in shed right now and after a piece fell off of her she ate her own skin what the heck is with that is this normal behavior she has crix in her cage walking right by her but she would rather eat her skin lol just thought this was a little wierd and i would share this with you

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hi Richard!

I've heard that they may do this if there aren't getting enough calcium but I think they will do this when they are small regardless...my youngest 2 clutches are doing it too an I know they are getting enough calcium. In the wild they would probably do this to not leave a trail for their preditors. I wouldn't worry about it much providing she is getting her calcium 5 days per week.

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
hi barbara,
hows everything?
yea it was just so wierd but i think ur right because she seems more wild to me because of the way she hunts and stuff she gets all low to the ground like a cat and then she chrages its so cute ,
thanks

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
It's goin' okay Richard thanks for asking....just a little busy with all these babies.

Aren't they cute when they get all killer lookin'? :love5:
So tiny yet so ferocious! :lol:

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
the other wierd thing i noticed that she does is she like to sleep stainding up on the glass... yea u must be really busy with those babies i know my 2 are a hand full and u have 60 something u must be adding crix all the time cleaning pooo ect.. hopefully u can get them all put in good homes

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Beardies can sleep in the strangest positions. :lol:

Yeah it will be nice to get back to the normal 9 beardies and not spend my days as a poop and bug slave. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom