Is this normal relocation stress??

Status
Not open for further replies.

PintoBeanDragon1000

Hatchling Member
So I got my bearded dragon Ebenezer about 2 weeks ago on a Saturday. He has not really started eating very good some days he eats about 5 large phoenix worms other days he eats 8-10, in the whole day. He has just started to eat more and he now does not hiss at me whenever I try and touch him. The only time he hissed at me was today when I was picking him up but I think we are making progress. He has lost 2 grams...which worries me. My other beardie has gained 7 and he eats 20 phoenix worms a day. So I know they can gain weight. Ebenezer is about 7.5 inches long and he used to weigh 20 grams he is now 18. Is it normal for them to lose weight and not eat much?
Also he almost never poops. I think I have found 2 in his cage since I got him 2 weeks ago and when I put him in the bath he always poos. Is this something I should be concerned about?

PintoBeanDragon1000

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
How often are you bathing him? Daily baths may help. What's your set up for him? Lighting, temps, ect
I bathe him 2-3 times a week. I am thinking I will bathe him everyday so that he can go every day.
He has a 40 gallon breeder tank with tile floors. He has a rock for basking and he has perches and driftwood.He also has 2 fake cactus and some fake leaves.
His hot side is 90.5 his cool side is 80. His basking spot is 101.4 he has an Arcadia T8 d3 UVA UVB bulb. It is mounted on the outside but the guy Tom Goode said it was fine and recommended the bulb since it will be on the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom