Is this color/pattern normal or did I get lucky?^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rkmuhammad

Last night I bought my first BD from a local pet store specializing in reptiles (mainly BDs) and birds. They breed their own BDs and of the adults I saw in the store I didn't notice any with special patterns or colors, except 1 female that was red/orange. Of the babies they were all the typical dark brownish colors except for the one I picked out. Can anyone tell me if I got lucky or is this a fairly "normal" BD?

dragonovp.jpg

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
wow he looks so pretty! did the pet store say if he was a certain morph or did it just say "normal"

keschete

Sub-Adult Member
Rkmuhammad":3ea75 said:
Last night I bought my first BD from a local pet store specializing in reptiles (mainly BDs) and birds. They breed their own BDs and of the adults I saw in the store I didn't notice any with special patterns or colors, except 1 female that was red/orange. Of the babies they were all the typical dark brownish colors except for the one I picked out. Can anyone tell me if I got lucky or is this a fairly "normal" BD?

dragonovp.jpg

It looks like an orange hypo. They are lighter tan with orange in the spots along the back, some have more orange and others less and you really can't tell how much orange until the baby grows and sheds. It might have some bright orange near its ears or little stripes of orange color on the head and legs. Once it calms down and isn't stressed you should be able to see the colors better.

I have been looking over colors trying to decide on a new baby and hypomelanistic dragons are lighter with accents of orange, red, yellow, etc. with normal looking eyes.

Translucents will have very light bellies (almost see through) with all dark eyes (they kinda look beady) and clear nails....with hypo translucents having the different colors.

I hope I am telling you correctly.

Normal color phase dragons are the tan/brown and are usually the least expensive, then the hypos are the next up the price ladder and the translucents are even more expensive usually. So if you have an orange hypo you should have a nice looking adult when she grows up, if you like orange/red.

Look around in the for sale section of the forum at some dragons the breeders here have to offer and you can get an idea of what color yours is. You could also ask the shop if you could see the parents. But all dragons turn out a little different so I don't think you can predict the color it will be as an adult.

bambichik39

Juvie Member
My baby beardie looks the same, I thought it looked different too. Kind of.. blueish/gray mixed in as well. Where are you located? Maybe we got from the same place :) How old is yours? Mines about the same size

theimmortaljedi

Hatchling Member
bambichik39":48d95 said:
My baby beardie looks the same, I thought it looked different too. Kind of.. blueish/gray mixed in as well. Where are you located? Maybe we got from the same place :) How old is yours? Mines about the same size

do you have pics where you can see the blue coloring?

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
There are so many morphs out there its almost imposible to get them all down and correctly. Just from the picture It looks like a orange X unknown sandfire morph. The bottom line is everyone will have an opinion as to what the dragons may be. With that being said if YOU love how your dragon looks it doesnt matter if its normal or gold plated. Enjoy your new addiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom