Is this aggression?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a new behavior for my baby (3 month old male). In the past week or so everytime I stick my hand in his viv to grab him hes really jumpy and skittish. And tonight he actually tried to hiss at me, I say tried because I didnt hear anything. Is he being aggressive or territorial? He has been handled everyday since we got him at 7wks. Once you actually grab him hes fine though and loves to climb up my shoulders and chill under my hair. Should I be worried? Hes eating and everything just fine. I should also add that he just shed everything except his tail and head a few days ago.

Gail

BD.org Addict
It sounds like he is scared more then aggressive. How are you picking him up? Do you reach down from above or come in sideways to scoop him from underneath? Dragon instinctively are afraid of things reaching down from the sky to grab them.
Just ignore his naughty behavior and keep handling normally. My dragon went through nearly 2 months of hissing, bearding and even whipping me with his tail. I ignored the display and forced my love on him, he is now settling down.

KangAndKodos

Original Poster
I usually put my hand down in front of him and slide it under his body. Could this really just be because of how im grabbing him?

unkempt1

Juvie Member
KangAndKodos":2lswiwoi said:
I usually put my hand down in front of him and slide it under his body. Could this really just be because of how im grabbing him?

It can when done wrong, but it sounds like you're doing it right. Also remember, the wonderful thing about dragons is they each have their own personality, which means sometimes they can be moody. :lol: My dragon gets a little snippy right before, during, and after a shed. During that time she doesn't have a good appetite, either. A day or so later and she's back to her normal, laid back self.

I should also add that during their growing years, they can go through a stage where they throw temper tantrums and whatnot. Lucky for me, mine didn't. I just hope she's not a late bloomer. :D

KangAndKodos

Original Poster
unkempt1":4hi5qvkz said:
It can when done wrong, but it sounds like you're doing it right. Also remember, the wonderful thing about dragons is they each have their own personality, which means sometimes they can be moody. :lol: My dragon gets a little snippy right before, during, and after a shed. During that time she doesn't have a good appetite, either. A day or so later and she's back to her normal, laid back self.

I should also add that during their growing years, they can go through a stage where they throw temper tantrums and whatnot. Lucky for me, mine didn't. I just hope she's not a late bloomer. :D

Thanks so much. Hopefully he hurries up and sheds his tail and head so he can stop being such a priss lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom