is this a good setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Im new to this bearded dragon website. I just want to make sure that my setup is going to make my bearded dragon heathy and happy. The cage is 4ft x 2ft x2ft.
100_0376.jpg

100_0377.jpg

100_0378.jpg

100_0379.jpg

She has a 100 watt Zoo Med Repti Basking Spot Lamp, the temps are for the hot side are 100-105. For her uvb its a Zilla desert series 50 microwatts uvb @ 12'', it is a 20 '' T5. The humidity is at 35%. At the cool side she has a Zilla Desert Series Halogen/Fluorescent Combo Dome for Reptiles and the fluoescent light is also on during the day. For the cool side it's 80. The substrait is tile and repti carpet. She also has an endless supply of kale, carrots and dubia roaches. I also dust the dubia with calcium powder every feeding. Thanks.
:blob5: :blob8:

LJean

Extreme Poster
I think my dragons would love that set-up. :)
Looks like plenty of running room etc (not that mine run around or anything) ;)

osmbr

Hatchling Member
thats a really nice setup and all i could suggest is gettin a better uvb reptisun 10.0 but other wise that looks kool. i like your beardie too

tblazers7

I really like the setup. Is glass covering the viewing side of the enclosure? I just got a 75 gallon aquarium, but i was thinking about building my own enclosure somewhat similarly. Also, could you explain a little bit on the ventilation you have on each side of the tank? I've seen it in a few others, but I'm just not sure construction wise how to optimally install.

Thanks!
Tom

PuffTheDragon

Original Poster
Well, the viewing side I used acrilic plastic and cut it to size with a table saw. For the ventilation I went to The home Depot and bought 4 vents that had a mesh side on them. To put them in, I layed them on top of the plywood and maked around it and subtracted a 1/4 inch so the screws had something to gab. Then I drilled 4 holes one in each corner and took a jig saw to cut the hole out of the plywood. On the inside I added another vent for some added protection thoes I put the screws at an outward angle because the cutout was just a little too big. If you need any help fell free to PM me.
:D

Thanks

JeffSimpson

Juvie Member
PuffTheDragon":09f33 said:
Well, the viewing side I used acrilic plastic and cut it to size with a table saw.

Just curious....I've cut acrylic on the TS before for other projects, but have never been able to cut it without melting some plastic on to the blade. In fact i have a dedicated blade just for that reason... did you run into the same thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom