Is there anyone in/around Yuma, AZ who can help??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floof

Juvie Member
This Craigslist ad came to my attention today when it was cross-posted on a local FB reptile group. My heart is breaking for this poor baby!!! Is there anyone who can rescue him, or get him to someone who can?

Link, text, and one of the attached photos below.

http://yuma.craigslist.org/pet/3603023931.html
"Originally I paid
Bearded Dragon $40
30 gallon tank $40
Water bowl $7
Decorations $15
UV Light $35
Heat Lamp $25

But you get all of this for only $50.
He's being neglected here.
My loss is your gain.
$50 for over $160 worth of stuff.
His back legs are paralyzed, but that's normal for bearded dragons.
Call or text 928-218-0058"

3E93Ib3J15I75N75K8d28f35a201890921511.jpg

jezwolf175

Sub-Adult Member
His back legs are paralyzed but that's normal for bearded dragons? Jeez that is downright neglect...i wish I could get him but i'm one state over. This breaks my heart. I hope he finds a good loving home.

RuselBro

Juvie Member
You, and other's should Seriously text or call them and let them Know that, that is Not Normal at all! I would do it myself but I have no cell.

Floof

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Rusel, great minds think alike. Myself and others did just that the day I posted this here. Unfortunately, it was to no avail--the owner still refuses to surrender the dragon to a local rescue (God forbid they miss out on $50), and tried to excuse the paralysis as completely non issue. Here's the one and only email I received back from them (they never did answer my response to this):

"First of all, no one has even asked me how he got paralyzed. He had a log LIGHTLY dropped on him and got paralyzed mostly from the shock. He is not ill. He eats and poops like nothing happened. He is also slowly showing that he's getting better. His legs move a little bit when he's eating and climbing. Thanks for your concern, but watch the hostility before having a conversation with me."

The worst part is, in one of the photos, you can see this person has at least one other reptile. I have the sinking feeling that the only reason they're selling this one is because of the injury/paralysis--Oops, it's broken! Time to get a new one... People are simply appalling.

If anyone is able to save this sweet baby, please let us know.

RuselBro

Juvie Member
Man I noticed that as well! I was like that other Tank has to have something in it, Judging from the what little I could see from the Picture, it looked like a Snake Tank, Tortoise Tank, or Maybe a Leo.

And Having a Log Lightly dropped on it's back would do 1 of 2 thing's, being Not effect at all, or completely snapping the spine or breaking the back hip's, but that would take a hard hit to do that, unless the Beardie was Already suffering from MBD, which would cause the bone's to be softer and break more easily.

I think the Beardie is either Impacted or suffering from MBD.

And It's kind of Really Hard not to get Hostile when you see Animal's being Mistreated, I know I straight up unload on people, unless I know it was truly an accident. But just abuse because you don't care or don't feel like spending a little extra money just pisses me off.

jezwolf175

Sub-Adult Member
It really sux because I would take this poor guy on but I don't think he'll ship to cali...plus I wouldn't trust him to ship, given the fact of how he dropped a log onto the poor guy...

I do hope he finds a place soon.

Floof

Juvie Member
Original Poster
The sad part is, I wasn't even being hostile. I was being as polite as possible (not an easy feat for me, lol). Maybe the person was just on edge already, because I'm sure most the other people who emailed were a lot more "hostile"... Heh.

MBD wouldn't be far-fetched. There's no way for that dragon to get within 12" of that UVB bulb; not to mention, who knows when the last time was it was replaced. Impaction was my first thought, and who knows? Considering this person's character, I wouldn't be surprised if she was lying through her teeth about him still pooping and eating normally...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom