Is she sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinity040400

Juvie Member
Kira has not been eating much of anything for the past month. She will not eat her greens and go a week without eating superworms. She has eaten a couple the other day though.

She has also been lethargic, just laying around trying to sleep. She only poops about once or every week or 2. I give her a warm bath every other day but it doesnt make her poop. Her tummy feels fine, not hard or anything.

She does have pin worms, could this be causing it?

This is all her stats:
1 year old female
424 grams
17.5"
Basking spot 101
cool side 82
40gl breader
tile floor
reptisun 10.0
greens every day
superworms or butterworns every day
12hrs day light, 12hrs sleep

Please help I have been trying to get answers for 2 weeks now! :help:

trinity040400

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I dont have a vet who takes reptiles around here but I do my own fecal floats and she does have pin worms.

I just want to know if all her symptoms could be from the pin worms.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Yes. This is likely to be from the pin worms. Have you started treatment? Checked for all other parasites? Sounds like good stats to me. Keep us updated :wink:

trinity040400

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She is clean for everything else. I tried to give her a dose today but it didnt turn out too good.

First I gave her a blueberry and while she was eating it tried to squirt the meds in her mouth but they where thicker than i thought and took more pressure to get out then i expected so i over compensated and it shot down her chin all over the floor. :angry5:

So I tried again but she wouldnt eat another blueberry so I tried to put a drop on her nose to see if she would lick it off and........again shot all over the place! :banghead:

I will try again tomorrow, really hate this stuff.

trinity040400

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well just to update I got her to take some meds. I gave her some superworms and while she was eating I put the tube in her mouth. She pulled away about half way through so about half of it ended up on her face. :banghead:

I am calling it quits until I do another fecal, I hope the little meds she got helps her!

trinity040400

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well I did a test to see if i could inject a blueberry but it didnt work. The only insects I have right now are meal worms (for my leo not beardies), baby silkies, and superworms. I dont think it would work to good with the supers because they seem dense.

trinity040400

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well dont keep roaches, my mom wont let me, I'm working on that. :wink: I also live in FL so I would have to buy discoid roaches and they are hard to find.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Oh, dear. You are having a ruff time. I gave Myah her meds by carefully pulling down on the skin on the side of her mouth. My vet showed me. The I popped in the oral syringe and when she bit down, I squirted down the hatch. I HATED having to do it. But when it comes to health you do what cha gotta do. You can also PM one of our moderators. They are VERY good with these sort of things :wink:

trinity040400

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well I only needed to give her 1 dose than wait a week and retest her.

The next headache is going to be giving Tohru his meds for coccidia. I have 2 give him 2cc! :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom