Is she a fatty? Conflicting feeding advice from store :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commissaar

Had beardie baby for about 3 weeks and I'm in love. Since I got her, she's put on weight - from 86g to about 140 in a month. She's also grown about an inch. She's 13 inches and weighs 140g. Was making conversation in a pet store about food and the guy said her eating 40 crickets a day is grossly overfeeding her and she'll get obese? But I was told to just let her eat what she wants by people on here? I don't think she looks fat but maybe she is? Help I don't want her to be unhealthy.

95033-2150170310.jpg
95033-8459110576.jpg
95033-1377811213.jpg
95033-894068070.jpg
95033-9254642161.jpg
Attached some pics. I dunno if she has big fat pads, hard to tell for me.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Dont listen to petstores, they dont know what their talking about. 140 is a good weight for her age, usually beardies get up to 600 or so. My male appears skinny and is quite large in length around 21-22 inches but hes a good 510 grams. My female on the other hand appears fat, 16-18 inches long and 480 grams. And she probably is a bit over weight but not obese. I have a juvenile bearded dragons thats around the same weight if not heavier than yours is and shes eating 100 crickets a day probably along with calci worms, and two bowls one salad and the other a tiny bit of egg, ground turkey and chicken liver. However the more meat filled bowl is usually only given once every two weeks or once every week, at least thats what i do anyway.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....you are feeding her properly, you can see by her body condition that she is not overweight or underweight. I've raised lots of dragons , it's when they get to near adult size that the number of insects is drastically reduced to avoid obesity which is hard on reptiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom