is my dragon ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys , so basically this is my first dragon and she is about 6ish months old now. and up till now every thing has seemed normal. but for the past few weeks she isnt pooping very much any more. i figured something was wrong and looked into a possible compaction problem and so i looked at the forums and some suggested rubbing her belly(to see if u can feel something in her belly that i guess is compacted), olive oil, natural applesause(or w/e no sugar added is). so i tried all of these and sure enough after a few drops of olive oil she let out a huge poop. it was gross lol. but it seems that she still just doesnt wanna poop, even in a warm bath.
so here is a little info about foods and stuff i give her....usually give her crickets, some mealworms(freeze dried , so i have something for when i run out of crickets) and i leave a "salad" in her cage which she absolutely loves which ranges from romaine lettuce, collard greens,some carrots, various berries etc..i also "dust" crickets or salad a few times a week . i made sure to check multiple care guides before feeding anything to my baby girl.
besides not pooping she seems just like normal, very active and alert . so ty in advance for any help for my beardie :)

on a completely unrelated note my poor dragon has gone without a name for almost 7 months now because i just cant settle on a name, have any tips or stories on how u named your dragon? tyty

wizbee

Juvie Member
What is the substrate you are using? DOes she have a good uvb? That aids in digestion as well as correct temps. Applesauce is good, also plenty of warm soaks in the tub. There is a how did you name your beardie thread in general I think. Boga got her name from Star wars.
Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom