Is my beardie over eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophie94

So i have a bearded dragon - her name is Vexiona - and she goes through about 1000 crickets every week and a half to two weeks and i say about because some die off but usually not much die off - she seems fine and healthy nothing wrong but i just wanted to know if she is over eating - i dont want my baby to be hungry so i let her eat how ever much she wants but i also dont want to harm her and ive read things saying they dont over eat but ive also seen things that say dont over feed
I bought her Feb 8th (she was roughly 1 month old when i bought her) she has access to vegies all day and i feed her mainly crickets while i let my roach colony grow
I put her in a 20 gallon tank for 10-20 min and let her feast

Also im looking for a loose substrate for bedding for her i was using paper towels but she keeps shredding them trying to dig any help on that would be great
Thanks in advance

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
We dont recommend loose substrate-- you can use NON adhesive shelf liner is the most commonly used I believe- you can cut a fleece blanket into strips and put in her hide for digging- the shelf liner is easy to clean and insects cant get underneath as well - clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50
Is she eating her salad? And she is how old now around 6 months? I would get her some worms like super / silk / maybe some BSFL and add to her diet -- roaches are good to switch over too as well - I am not a fan of crickets -- they stink and noisy and can cause parasites -- silk worms and BSFL are good staple feeders-- it will slow her down on the cricket consumption - if shes not eating any salad she needs to start--- when she gets to be a year old or so the protein should be cut back to 2-3 times per week not everyday --
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, you might go up a size now to larger crickets. At 6 months old she could be eating an average of about 30-50 large crickets a day along with a good feeding of greens. If the crickets are on the small side it takes a lot more to fill them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom