Is my beardie healthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamshaheen

Original Poster
Weight: 18g
Length: 8 inches
Uv: T8 tube mounted 6 inches above basking
Basking lamp: 100watt (upgrading to 125 soon)
Tank: 40 gal breeder
Basking temp: 105
Cool side: 80
Warm side: 90
Eating: rarely, switched to Dubia and he eats around 4 a meal, getting bigger ones today
Poops: Daily and looks healthy
Just got done shedding
I think he’s very underweight and not sure what to do. I try so hard to feed him a variety of things like waxworks, crickets, mealworms, bsfl, Dubias and hornworms. Any tips?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 119

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How long have you had him ? He actually looks healthy, although he should be eating more. But if you just got him recently it can take a while for some dragons to eat when taken to their new home. How large are the insects he's eating and are you handling him much ?

adamshaheen

Original Poster
How long have you had him ? He actually looks healthy, although he should be eating more. But if you just got him recently it can take a while for some dragons to eat when taken to their new home. How large are the insects he's eating and are you handling him much ?
I’ve had him for exactly a month and 8 days. Insects are medium sized and yes I handle him daily.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your boy doing today, still active & eating? I agree, it does sometimes take a little bit of time to get used to a new home,
but I'm sure he will eventually adjust for you.

Tracie

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mango
Weight: 18g
Length: 8 inches
Uv: T8 tube mounted 6 inches above basking
Basking lamp: 100watt (upgrading to 125 soon)
Tank: 40 gal breeder
Basking temp: 105
Cool side: 80
Warm side: 90
Eating: rarely, switched to Dubia and he eats around 4 a meal, getting bigger ones today
Poops: Daily and looks healthy
Just got done shedding
I think he’s very underweight and not sure what to do. I try so hard to feed him a variety of things like waxworks, crickets, mealworms, bsfl, Dubias and hornworms. Any tips?
Since he is a baby try feeding him 8 crickets in the morning and 5 dubia at night time

adamshaheen

Original Poster
Hello,

Any updates on your dragon for us? Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie
Very sorry for the late reply I lost the email connected to this account and spent days trying to get it back. He is eating around 3 dubia’s a meal and I try to feed him every 4 hours or so. He’s still only about 22g but isn’t as active inside his tank. He spends most of the time in his basking spot that’s 103 degrees. Not sure what to do or if it’s normal that he’s always on his hammock.

adamshaheen

Original Poster
Very sorry for the late reply I lost the email connected to this account and spent days trying to get it back. He is eating around 3 dubia’s a meal and I try to feed him every 4 hours or so. He’s still only about 22g but isn’t as active inside his tank. He spends most of the time in his basking spot that’s 103 degrees. Not sure what to do or if it’s normal that he’s always on his hammock.
Hello,

Tracie
He’s very active outside his tank

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 48

adamshaheen

Original Poster
Hello,

Tracie
Picture of feeding time. He can’t seem to be able to eat the shell/skeleton of the dubias? Does that mean they’re too big? I normally pull the shells out while he’s eating to avoid impaction or constipation:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 52
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom