Is my beardie a neat freak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen

My little beardie, Marxie, has taken on a troublesome little habit lately. It seems like he tries his hardest to wait until we take him out of his cage before he poops. I don't think it's because he's scared or anything, he's very social and seems comfortable with me. It's gotten to the point where I take him out and put him on newspaper until he goes before I handle him. Almost without fault, he always goes.

Has anyone experienced this? I appreciate his cleanliness, I just wish I could train him to go in a corner or something...

jamesraby

Mine does the same thing he has a 125 gallon aquarium and i cant remember the last time he pooped in it. But I take him out to let him walk around and thats the first thing he does!

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Beardies on the whole dislike the smell of their own poop, so, given the choice they hold it until they have been taken out of their tanks. When they get older they poop a little less frequently so its not such a pain because they always "go" in their baths :]

Glen

Original Poster
I can see why the dislike the smell, it's absolutely awful. I never really noticed until recently because I let it dry before cleaning it up, but now that he's doing it right next to me... augh.

VogueStar

Twobeardieguy":26w6qave said:
You are now his slave! :whip: :laughhard:
:laughhard:

I also have become a dragon slave, as mine are spoiled. But I think its a lot easier to give them a "bathroom" area/time , makes cleaning up a breeze! Maybe you could try giving it some news paper in its cage it a specific area every time,and they same time every day. I have noticed mine wait also. My female tends to wait until I give her a warm bath until she will go. Its nice kuz all I have to do is fill up the kitchen sink and let her go, it does smell wretched though!! :puke: Mine also know that if they dont want to wait, Ive put a specific tile in mines cage with a rock on it that they use for the potty. I wash the tile and rock each time they go but something about it lets them kno thats where to go.

boxerLvr

My 3 year old Meeshka does the same thing. Although her spot of choice is in my daughters room. Without fail, each and every time, then almost smiles about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom