Is my Beardie a Miniature???

Status
Not open for further replies.

pediqueen

I have a six and a half month old beardie and she is only 5 inches long. Is there such thing as a miniature dragon. Her sister hatched the same day and is already over a foot long. I googled it and could only find one story about a dragon over a year old still being only 6 or so inches. Any information would be appreciated =) thank you.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
are they in the same viv?

they are solitary creatures, and if 2 are together 1 will be the dominant one.
the bigger one would bully the other and prevent it from eating, thus preventing it from growing.

kio

Do they share a cage?
Do you give her worms and or crickets covered in calcium powder?
Millworms or Super Worms?
Small crickets or big crickets?
Any greens?
:?:

Seven65

Juvie Member
When I got Nef she wasn't taken proper care of in the store and she was also about 4-5 inches at 6-8 months. Once she had the proper lighting and was fed properly she started growing fast, she is still small though and will probably never reach average size.

When I got my first 2 beardies, I had them housed together and they had a similar problem. I took them to the vet and he said that it was because Chomper was stealing most of the food and was more dominate so he would take all of the good basking spots which caused Reptar not to grow as fast as Chomper. Make sure you feed them separately or make sure they are both getting enough food and make multiple basking spots. It would probably be best to separate them completely. That's what I did with my guys and Reptar definitely looked healthier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom