Is my bearded dragons weight ok?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Today. She looks kinda fat. She didn’t look like that yesterday. Is it just the angles in which she’s sitting and standing? Or maybe there is a poop in there? Does she look ok?

Attachments

• D392AF73-4006-4582-9770-A0AA1DFB7A67.jpeg
    D392AF73-4006-4582-9770-A0AA1DFB7A67.jpeg
    284.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 31210239-2ED7-4B9A-BD1D-882337FD1EE4.jpeg
    31210239-2ED7-4B9A-BD1D-882337FD1EE4.jpeg
    280.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 7CFBC2A6-7DE3-4C50-9C02-6B11EF03820B.jpeg
    7CFBC2A6-7DE3-4C50-9C02-6B11EF03820B.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 6EEE6BBC-A820-4E7F-AD19-4822FFFD80BE.jpeg
    6EEE6BBC-A820-4E7F-AD19-4822FFFD80BE.jpeg
    253.7 KB · Views: 43

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
She looks fine. How old is she? What is her weight? And it could be the position like how my Hazel looks thinner when she lays on her log and when she walks she looks a little fatter.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
She is 5 years old. She laid eggs a little over a week ago. So, I suppose she could be developing more or her stomach could be able to get larger because of that.
Oh my-- she looks way younger than 5. She looks a lot like my Hazel 😆 she's also a very gorgeous beardie!

Last edited:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I think her weight looks good. How long ago did she lay eggs? They tend to lay several
clutches too. Sometimes you get lucky & they only lay one clutch.
Be sure to keep her calcium intake up in case she develops more eggs, too. Is she active
right now?

Tracie

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello,

I think her weight looks good. How long ago did she lay eggs? They tend to lay several
clutches too. Sometimes you get lucky & they only lay one clutch.
Be sure to keep her calcium intake up in case she develops more eggs, too. Is she active
right now?

Tracie
She laid eggs almost 2 weeks ago. This was her second clutch. I will make sure I keep up her calcium. I’ve been giving it to her everyday. Right now she is sleeping. But, during the day I would say she is active. Although I’m not really good at telling. She loves going crazy for crickets.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
I got her weight. It was about 326 grams Im not sure if I did it real well though. The last time she was weighed I thought she was in the low 400s but I know the last time she definitely had eggs. But I also thought she was in the low 400s without eggs.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
I got her weight. It was about 326 grams Im not sure if I did it real well though. The last time she was weighed I thought she was in the low 400s but I know the last time she definitely had eggs. But I also thought she was in the low 400s without eggs.
The other 2 times were not weighed by me. I’m not too sure about the last weight. But, that is what i remember.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
I'm not 100% sure what the recommended weight is but that sound like a good weight.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
She looks pretty good in my opinion, no reason to take any drastic measures. Weight varies a lot between dragons, for example my boy (who is 11 months old mind you) weighs 500+ grams and is nice and lean. Your girl might be more in the smaller side 😉

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom