Is my bearded dragon impacted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skindo

Original Poster
My bearded dragon hasn’t pooped in a very long time. At first he was trying to poop but straining, now he hasn’t even attempted in days. I’d like to avoid the vet if I can that’s why I’m asking now but I know I’ve already avoided the problem long enough. Is it possible to help him myself?

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
How long has it been since the dragon pooped? and how old is the dragon? There are a few home remedies you could try like a drip or two of olive oil you do not need a lot a drip or two if you only have vegetable oil or grapeseed oil that works too you could try a warm bath gently massaging the stomach area. Hopefully the dragon will drink a little bit of water while in the bath dehydration is usually associated with impaction along with diet or poor temperatures I do not feed my dragon mealworms for instance the chitin are hard and hard to digest but try these things and let me know what happens. If you said you visibly saw the dragon straining to poop a vet visit maybe what's needed so get back to me let me know how long it's been since the dragon pooped last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom