Is My Bearded Dragon Blind!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not 30 minutes ago i dropped my beardie 3ft and 5in. Inferna is around 4 months old and after the drop she had a black beard for 1 minute. I held her and her black beard stopped. I tried putting crickets in her cage and it looked like she couldn't see them. I tried to give her her favorite treats and she acted like they weren't even there. I am worried she might be blind. Can someone help me? All she would do is go inside her cave and not come out. I had to put her myself under her heat lamp because she started feeling cold. I am very worried. This is my first beardie and I don't have much experience with them. Her eyes are still nice and golden but is she blind? Help please. :( :(

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, she's probably just very stressed from the fall. As long as she's walking O.K....that would be the thing to look out for after a fall to be sure there are no bad sprains or broken bones. She'll prob. be fine + start eating tomorrow. :)

InfernaBeardie7

Original Poster
Thanks a lot! You are right, she has returned to her normal self, but when ever i pick her up she tenses and tries to run off my hand. I know this is probably normal, though. Thanks, again! :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am glad she is alright. They react to stress in that manner, by almost freezing or shutting down somewhat until the stress decreases for them.
As suggested, just watch her behavior & monitor her appetite, etc to be sure she doesn't have any internal injuries. I hope all is well with her & that she isn't sore from the fall.

Tracie

Tylerman

Hatchling Member
I just almost dropped my beardie. I was walking pretty fast up the stairs and he was on my shoulder. well, he decided it was a good idea for him to jump. He jumped but, luckily, I have great coordination and caught him mid air. He would have fallen like the same distance. Probably more. Glad he is doing ok :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom