Is it worth it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary251

I was thinking about getting a 100w sb megaray bulb when i get paid right but my temps are pretty spot on with the normal reptile bulb im using and my reptisun 10.0 strip light, was wondering if it is worth the money to change to the megaray purely just for the better UVB and its ability to bring out ur BD's colours and make them more active etc etc. Apparently its the closest light to natural sunlight produced by the megarya too.

Thanks

Gary

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
I'm converting to MVB, but that's because I need to ditch my strip lighting.
If you want the best you can get for them, then yeah.. it's worth it. But! I would wait until it's time to replace your bulb anyways, that way it would, sort of, justify the extra cost. Does that make sense? (I don't always make sense!) :)

ScooterBlenny

Hatchling Member
If I'm not mistaken, the MegaRays last longer than the tubes anyways, so it comes out pretty close to even when you consider cost of bulbs. Cost of electricity, now that's another matter :wink:

Gary251

Original Poster
haha is it really expensive to run the megaray? yeh the poster above has a really good point about just getting one when i need to update my UVB strip light:p

ScooterBlenny

Hatchling Member
Well, at my energy costs, it runs about 18 cents per day, so I don't consider it super expensive:) Compared to 2 cents per day for a 15w flourescent bulb, it's quite a difference, but when you take into account that you would have to add another bulb for heat, it's really not much difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom