Is it possible to have a bearded dragon only eat Pheonix wor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cxerphax

Hatchling Member
I have heard that they dont need to be dusted and can just be kept in the tub they come in and theres no work. So is it okay to just feed those? My bearded dragon is 4 months old. What is a good size for the worms to be to fill him up? If its not possible to just feed Pheonix worms can I do like half a week of those worms and the rest of the week crickets?

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
They can be used as a staple, but I wouldn't feed them exclusively. Beardies need a variety. No, they don't need to be dusted with calcium, but they do need to be dusted with vitamins, if you only feed these. I feed worms (phoenix worms, mostly , but I do use butters) at lunch and crickets for dinner. I dust the crickets because I find it easier by the way I catch them.
Phoenix worms are great feeders, but they can get pricey! I buy the mediums, they are all pretty small, but the large ones are at the end of their life cycle.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Just like any other live feeder, as many as he wants in a 10-15 minute period. I just toss a bunch on top of her salad.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
cxerphax":69d43 said:
Wow so he will probably go through 50 of them huh?

Easily.. they are pretty small. Like I said, I give them with salad, about 25 or so.. one tub lasts me about 4-5 days. She gets as many crix in the evening as she wants. Otherwise, one tub would only last 2 days or so, that would be about $26 a week (plus veggies).

Its best for your dragon and your wallet to switch things up and feed a good variety :)

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
cxerphax":d0975 said:
Oh ok thanks. so there not really worth buying because there so tiny huh?

no, no, they are very good worms. They are healthy and full of calcium, which is really good for a dragon that is growing SO FAST!! I just wouldn't feed them as the only food!! You wouldn't want to eat the same thing all the time, would you? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom