Is it okay to have Wood on three sides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghoul

I'm making my beardie a custom wncolusre made out of an old hutch. Should I put plexiglass on the inside, or just stick with covering the front? I think the wood would help with her peeping her reflection, I just don't want to make any missteps!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Ghoul":3d7d4a04 said:
I'm making my beardie a custom wncolusre made out of an old hutch. Should I put plexiglass on the inside, or just stick with covering the front? I think the wood would help with her peeping her reflection, I just don't want to make any missteps!

Yes , in fact very desireable to do so , even only have glass at the front (sliding glass doors).

Only real reason so many here have those all glass tanks with mesh tops is that this what pet shops want to sell .

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree. Most custom enclosures have a big window in front but the sides and back are solid. They are curious so I'd allow space for her to see the action outside if she wants to but solid walls will help retain heat and provide a cozier environment. The all glass tanks aren't great but are what's easily available as mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom