Is it bad that my Bearded Dragon wont eat greens daily?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a very very picky eater. He eats crickets and his pellets. I still give him greens daily but he does not like all of them. He likes Dandelion Greens, and Bok choy. I give him dandelions 2 days a week and bok choy 2 days a week also. He used to eat collards but not anymore. I remember him liking Escarole so I try to get him that but the grocery store is always out of stock.The greens that I have tried and he does not eat include collard greens, radicchio, kale, endive, parsley, (He ate that for about 3 days then got sick of it) bell peppers (Only ate a bite or two). Many times he tries the greens to see if it is something that he likes but then goes away from it. I know that there are other greens that I can try but it is hard to find some of them. Any responses are much appreciated.

saraho

Hatchling Member
I've had to keep my picky boy on a constantly rotating menu. He doesn't like greens, the only ones he's ever eaten have been carrot greens from a friend's garden. The ones from early summer were his favorite thing ever, but the late summer ones were not to his liking. He really enjoyed red peppers from my mother-in-law's garden this summer, but could give or take the ones from the grocery store this winter. He won't eat green peppers. He also liked the butternut squash a friend grew, but not the grocery store one. Like you, we've tried kale, radicchio, collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens...

The thing I've learned is to keep trying. Keep offering something and eventually you'll find something he enjoys, for a few days anyway.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
You didn't mention how old your dragon is? Younger dragons still eat mostly bugs, and the changeover to mostly veggies is a gradual one. Keep offering a rotation of veggies and salads; a couple bites is better than nothing. I also found that when I grate squash and mix it with the greens, my dragon is more likely to eat a few more bites. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom